ESET Endpoint Security update restarts computers automatically (no prompt)

ThePro

Hi,

Yesterday I accepted the update to version 7.3.2041 in the web console and now all our computers are restarting automatically (no prompt) to complete the update. We have Event ID 1074 in the log saying that the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe process is the culprit.

How do we prevent that to happen ?

• Administrators

Could you please elaborate more on "I accepted the update to version 7.3.2041"? In order to upgrade Endpoint, it is necessary to create a software install task and select  the desired product and license.

The machine should not be rebooted after upgrade unless you choose to reboot if necessary:

image.png

• ESET Staff
On 10/16/2020 at 1:59 PM, ThePro said:

Yesterday I accepted the update to version 7.3.2041 in the web console and now all our computers are restarting automatically (no prompt) to complete the update.

Could you please provide more details of how you actually initiated update? From description you provided, it seems that you used so called one-click update action, which is triggered on various places in the console. But regardless of that, you were supposed to receive following approval dialog:

image.png