Says protect all browsers (most?)

Go to solution Solved by chileverde,

After update to 14 it says check in settings to "secure ALL browsers" banking mode.

Not working with Waterfox.

Edited by pipes

See the below screen shot. That setting only controls how browse extensions are handled in a supported browser. Again, WaterFox is not a BP&P supported browser.

Eset_Browser_Protection.thumb.png.773fc194dd39b0a533a9dac798ca9a5d.png

Then again why does it say check in settings to "secure ALL browsers" banking mode, right after the new update (with OK I got it button).

So miss leading.

• Most Valued Members

Not sure about banking protection but eset protects all browsers just some features won't work. Often it is because of the browsers popularity but you can create a support email and suggest it 

I will move on for now. I don't like being lied too by a giant company.
I will never use a so-called "supported browser" that leaks telemetry like a broken pipe (no pun intended).

Makes me think Eset wants just as much info as MS or Mozilla, and google.

Thanks for the ride. 🙂

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, pipes said:

I will move on for now. I don't like being lied too by a giant company.
I will never use a so-called "supported browser" that leaks telemetry like a broken pipe (no pun intended).

Makes me think Eset wants just as much info as MS or Mozilla, and google.

Thanks for the ride. 🙂

Did you email support which could help? The problem is that supporting all non mainstream browsers can be problematic, costly and time consuming. So unless multiple users tell them they are using a specific browser they probably won't support it. While is the liked of chrome, Firefox, Edge and so on are mainstream with lots of users

On 10/15/2020 at 2:16 AM, itman said:

See the below screen shot. That setting only controls how browse extensions are handled in a supported browser. Again, WaterFox is not a BP&P supported browser.

Can you give a complete list of supported browsers? Only Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and maybe Edge?

I have Vivaldi installed as the default browser - it's a fairly well-known browser, like Brave, for example, but instead of launching it in protected mode or even Edge, which is also installed on the system, Eset launches IE eventually, which seems absurd, since this browser has long been outdated, and at least Edge and Firefox are installed on the system too. I think that Eset needs to change its behavior and stop using the IE corpse, even if it does not support the default browser installed by a particular user.

Now I had to completely remove IE from the system, after which Eset started using Firefox, but this is a rather inconvenient solution, since IE is still needed in the system for some old applications and toolkits.

• Most Valued Members

according to this help page https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection

the supported browsers are: Internet Explorer (8.0.0.0+), Microsoft Edge (83.0.0.0+), Google Chrome (64.0.0.0+) and Firefox (24.0.0.0+).

3 hours ago, Twersky said:

Now I had to completely remove IE from the system, after which Eset started using Firefox, but this is a rather inconvenient solution, since IE is still needed in the system for some old applications and toolkits.

This was unnecessary.

Eset Banking & Payment Protection uses whatever default browser is set up in Windows. The only requirement is that the default browser be a an Eset supported browser.

All that would be required in this instance was that Firefox, Edge - Chromium, or Chrome be set to the Windows default browser. Note that just because a browser is set to default in Windows, it does not mean you have to use that browser exclusively. You can install and use any other browser you wish for regular web browsing activities.

Edited by itman

• Solution

Pipes,

If you're still following this thread, please consider this...

I had my whole family switch to Waterfox for the same reasons you used it. It was a great story that it was created by a 16-year-old and protected users' privacy. Only that has changed: it Alex sold out to a company that is in the business of data collection. Please read more here:

https://restoreprivacy.com/browser/secure/

(Search for "Waterfox".)

Now we use Firefox. Suggested privacy settings are at https://restoreprivacy.com/firefox-privacy/.

Another privacy expert, Michael Bazzell, also recommends Firefox as the most secure browser (hxxp://inteltechniques.com).

I get additional privacy using uBlock Origin and Disconnect extensions (recommended by Bazzell).

I have used Eset products, starting aith NOD32 antivirus, since 2005. I've been happy with the products and with their support.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, pipes said:

But Eset should not say "all browsers".

In the screenshot you posted when you hovered over it it shows "Start a supported browser in secure mode."

I presume it just means secure all browsers as in turn this open on to secure all supported browsers you have installed. 

2 hours ago, peteyt said:

In the screenshot you posted when you hovered over it it shows "Start a supported browser in secure mode."

I presume it just means secure all browsers as in turn this open on to secure all supported browsers you have installed. 

NOT MY SCREEN SHOT.

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, pipes said:

NOT MY SCREEN SHOT.

Okay no need to use caps though, an easily mistake. Marcos has asked to see if they can remove the all part anyways

7 hours ago, peteyt said:

Okay no need to use caps though, an easily mistake. Marcos has asked to see if they can remove the all part anyways

Only way to get my message conveyed.

After, what 10 posts?