MDM: do I have to activate it?

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

• ESET Staff
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Daniel26 said:

After installing the MDM..do I have to activate it somehwre in the EMSC? If yes, is there a detailed instruction?

Regards

Daniel

I would recommend to follow MDM activation documentation. It mentions type of license required, and also way how to activate it - using activation task. There might be also alternative to use one-click mechanisms in case MDM is already reporting missing license in console, but it would just help you to automate creation and execution of activation task.

Seems, that this worked. The task is marked as "successfull". But how can I see if it is really active?

And I only found that the eramdmcore is only listening on ipv6, netstat shows no process for 9980 on the ipv4. Is that configurable?

Regards

Daniel

• ESET Staff

> Seems, that this worked. The task is marked as "successfull". But how can I see if it is really active?

MDM should be activated when protection state "Not activated" is removed from device it's installed on. In reality MDM activation does not matter "that much" as it only affects module updates and EPNS wake up calls and does not eat license - the same way as ESMC server does.

> And I only found that the eramdmcore is only listening on ipv6, netstat shows no process for 9980 on the ipv4. Is that configurable?

Please contact customer care. All ports set during setup (by default 9980/9981 and other internal mentioned in docs) should listen on all interfaces. IIRC there were reports of this like issue if You installed MDM on *nix machine prior to installing IPv4 interfaces. Some were sorted by simple restart of MDM service.

Please also note we have cloud MDM solution, which is much easier to manage.

HTH,

M.

Edited by Mirek S.