DirectAccess issue against VPN - Overseas Reports

Does anyone get issues (machines not responding) when they are using DirectAccess (MS DirectAccess) without VPN?

We've plenty of machine overseas using DA trough the network, but geting some reports I figured out some machine doesnt respond a month ago, but the machine continues responding to our other servers and features like audit stuff and etc.

Testing today, asked to an user overseas connect trough the VPN and almost instantelly when he connected the ESMC indentified his connection and updated his machine with latest version of EndPoint, BUT it was suppose to happen with DirectAccess as same.

It is an ESET issue or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Edu

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to follow standard connectivity troubleshooting as described in documentation. It might be network or DNS related issue, i.e. it might happen that it is just not possible to resolve hostname. Also be aware that AGENT is running as background service, so it might not have the same VNP access as users have, which might also cause issues.

On 10/9/2020 at 3:30 AM, MartinK said:

I would recommend to follow standard connectivity troubleshooting as described in documentation. It might be network or DNS related issue, i.e. it might happen that it is just not possible to resolve hostname. Also be aware that AGENT is running as background service, so it might not have the same VNP access as users have, which might also cause issues.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your suggestions and I followed the standards all our local hosts communicate and overseas the same (when they use VPN rather than DA). Let me try to clarify that I have some reports here to share, maybe can help to understand.

Kind regards,

2020-10-14_13h06_26.png

2020-10-14_12h56_28.png