Jump to content

How to reinstall Remote administrator without losing data.


MarcoFerraz
 Share

Go to solution Solved by MarcoFerraz,

Recommended Posts

 

Good afternoon, I went to update the Remote Administrator manually, but I did not pay attention to the installer that I sent the server to use to update, I ended up installing over the Remote Administrator the ESET® SECURITY MANAGEMENT CENTER. I can no longer access the Remote Administrator. Can someone help me ?

 

 

Is there any way to remove SECURITY MANAGEMENT CENTER without affecting Remote Administrator?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Did you send an ERA component upgrade task to the server? Or you ran an ESMC all-in-one installer that upgraded ERA to ESMC? Is it a Windows or Linux machine or a virtual appliance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Did you send an ERA component upgrade task to the server? Or you ran an ESMC all-in-one installer that upgraded ERA to ESMC? Is it a Windows or Linux machine or a virtual appliance?

I send an ERA component upgrade task to the server and the operating system is Windows 10 . I can't find Security for remover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please upload logs collected with ESET Log Collector here so that we can see what services are running and what was actually installed.

Installation of the ESMC server on Windows 10 is not recommended. ESMC should be installed on a server operating system or deployed as a virtual appliance on a hypervisor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
3 hours ago, MarcoFerraz said:

 

Good afternoon, I went to update the Remote Administrator manually, but I did not pay attention to the installer that I sent the server to use to update, I ended up installing over the Remote Administrator the ESET® SECURITY MANAGEMENT CENTER. I can no longer access the Remote Administrator. Can someone help me ?

 

 

Is there any way to remove SECURITY MANAGEMENT CENTER without affecting Remote Administrator?

Just for clarification, but ESET Security Management Center 7 is direct successor of ESET Remote Administrator 6 and except few exceptions, direct upgrade should be possible. Even ERA6 AGENT will be still able to connect to latest ESMC 7.2 server, so that upgrade of components is possible. So in other words, it makes almost no sense to upgrade to ERA6 - it will be soon completely out of support as it will reach it's end of life in a few months.

In case ESMC server was already installed and it is running (please check Windows services), verify that also console was successfully upgraded - this can be verified easily, console login screen should be branded es "ESET Security Management Center".

Also please provide more details of what you mean by "I can no longer access the Remote Administrator" - in case not even console is accessible, reason might be no-longer-supported java or apache tomcat version, which can be easilly solved by manual re-installation of console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please upload logs collected with ESET Log Collector here so that we can see what services are running and what was actually installed.

Installation of the ESMC server on Windows 10 is not recommended. ESMC should be installed on a server operating system or deployed as a virtual appliance on a hypervisor.

Here are the LOGS

ees_logs.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MartinK said:

Just for clarification, but ESET Security Management Center 7 is direct successor of ESET Remote Administrator 6 and except few exceptions, direct upgrade should be possible. Even ERA6 AGENT will be still able to connect to latest ESMC 7.2 server, so that upgrade of components is possible. So in other words, it makes almost no sense to upgrade to ERA6 - it will be soon completely out of support as it will reach it's end of life in a few months.

In case ESMC server was already installed and it is running (please check Windows services), verify that also console was successfully upgraded - this can be verified easily, console login screen should be branded es "ESET Security Management Center".

Also please provide more details of what you mean by "I can no longer access the Remote Administrator" - in case not even console is accessible, reason might be no-longer-supported java or apache tomcat version, which can be easilly solved by manual re-installation of console.

 

I understand, but how do I access the ESMC panel, the password I used to access ERA as an administrator user is not working in ESMC and I can't reset the password for the administrator user in ESMC because I can't find the program.

image_2020_10_08T11_46_38_730Z.png

image_2020_10_08T11_46_03_872Z.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It appears that the console has been updated (it reads "ESET Security Management Center") but the server is still ERA v6.5. I would back up the database and run the ESMC all-in-one installer. Maybe it will be necessary to uninstall ERA 6.5 first (with the db backed up). Let's wait for @MartinK to respond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

It appears that the console has been updated (it reads "ESET Security Management Center") but the server is still ERA v6.5. I would back up the database and run the ESMC all-in-one installer. Maybe it will be necessary to uninstall ERA 6.5 first (with the db backed up). Let's wait for @MartinK to respond.

How can I do this procedure?

 

 

if i save the bank and uninstall, can i recover the machines in the structure they were in?

 

for example, can I install ERA and access the policies and machines normally?

Edited by MarcoFerraz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

As of now, easiest way how to restore access to ERA Server would be to install also ERA 6.5 console (both version can be actually installed side-by-side in Apache Tomcat).

Another alternative is to try to upgrade ERA 6.5 server to ESMC 7.2 servers, so that both server and console are compatible -> incompatibility is most probable reason why you cannot login. During upgrade attempt, more detailed error why it failed might be shown, but most probable reason is that you do not meet some HW/software requirements that has changes since older versions.

Regarding password reset, simplest would be to execute installation repair of ESMC/ERA server, i.e. run installer of the same version you are running or use repair in respective control panel.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

As of now, easiest way how to restore access to ERA Server would be to install also ERA 6.5 console (both version can be actually installed side-by-side in Apache Tomcat).

Another alternative is to try to upgrade ERA 6.5 server to ESMC 7.2 servers, so that both server and console are compatible -> incompatibility is most probable reason why you cannot login. During upgrade attempt, more detailed error why it failed might be shown, but most probable reason is that you do not meet some HW/software requirements that has changes since older versions.

Regarding password reset, simplest would be to execute installation repair of ESMC/ERA server, i.e. run installer of the same version you are running or use repair in respective control panel.

 

If I install ERA on top of what I already have, can it be a problem? Or should I remove the existing one (but I don't want to lose the policies already applied to the machines and neither the machines) and reinstall.

Do you indicate any procedure to reinstall?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
1 hour ago, MarcoFerraz said:

If I remove the console and reinstall, will I have a problem with the machine data?

Captura de tela 2020-10-08 135955.png

Re-installation of console only will have no impact on data itself. What you have to avoid is uninstallation of ERA Server or database, as that is where al the date is stored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled using the old bank, it worked back all the machines, but now I can't communicate with them;

 

How can I get the server back to communicate with clients?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...