HIPS Question.. Prevent saving of specific filetypes.

Hey, is anyone having an idea how to use eset hips to prevent google chrome from saving .html files to the local harddisk? most download links like from wetransfer are not using a direct link to the downloadable file like wetransfer.com\dl\sample.html which could be blocked by webcontrol easily.

is hips able to work with wilcard paths like *.*.html like the webcontrol module? in my tests it wasn't responding to this. so i think no..

sometimes there are incoming mails with legit wetransfer or dropbox download links which then just download a .html file with some stupid phising content to steal office 365 login data or whatever. and as the code isn't malicious it's not detected by spamfilter or eset (most of those mails are too new to be detected that fast). I dont trust employees which are clicking on everything which looks free or interesting ^^ - on the other hand i cant block every filesharing service...maybe theres a way to use hips to stop chrome from saving a specific file type to the harddrive?

thanks for any ideas :)

1 hour ago, schuetzdentalCB said:

Hey, is anyone having an idea how to use eset hips to prevent google chrome from saving .html files to the local harddisk? most download links like from wetransfer are not using a direct link to the downloadable file like wetransfer.com\dl\sample.html which could be blocked by webcontrol easily.

This should do the trick w/o Eset use: https://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/tip-801-block-hyperlinks-in-outlook/

Note: Rename the reg. key rather than deleting it. If this change borks something else, you can then just set key back to its original name.

Also and obviously, a reboot is required for all reg. changes to take effect.