batch update Agent/Product

Hi:

I use Active Directory to update Eset components for clients before. but one of the customer didn't have AD, so I try to use ESMC to do the job.

it easy to do for one PC. but for multiple PCs I found:

1. there seems no way to list/sort  the computers by Agent version, so I can not pick up the computers that need upgrade. am i miss something?

2. I can list/sort the computers by Product version, but when I create upgrade tasks, it is language specific. I have users with many languages. do I need to create multiple tasks for each language?

• Administrators

1, You can send an ESMC component upgrade task to all machines. Those with an up-to-date agent will not download it and install it again.

2, When creating a sw install task, do not use the repository but choose "Install by direct package url" and point it to the msi installer that would be shared for users. The msi is multi-lingual so it should install the same language version as the already installed one. I'd recommend trying it on 2-3 clients with different lang. versions first.

20 minutes ago, Marcos said:

1, You can send an ESMC component upgrade task to all machines. Those with an up-to-date agent will not download it and install it again.

2, When creating a sw install task, do not use the repository but choose "Install by direct package url" and point it to the msi installer that would be shared for users. The msi is multi-lingual so it should install the same language version as the already installed one. I'd recommend trying it on 2-3 clients with different lang. versions first.

thanks a lot for the hint! although it seems strange that I need to put the msi file to some other place to make it work. I think I need sperarate 32bit/64bit versions right?  what will  happen when 7.3.2039.1(Japanese version) get upgrade task to 7.3.2041?  I want to make sure before doing these kind of upgrade...