after installing windows updates "apache Tomcat7 service stops"

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

I started the apache tomcat7 service once again

logged in to eset 7 mgt console, everything work, almost

until I clicked on "server tasks" then it shut down apache tomcat7 service

• ESET Staff

Could you please memory limits as set in tomcat's configuration utility? Maybe they are too low, or there is not enough memory available on this system.

Also what version of Java yo are actually using? But regardless of that, I am not sure similar issues were reported - mostly tomcat is not even starting console due to Java missconfiguration, or only specific screens are not working due to insufficient memory, but tomcat stability issues were not reported.

In case you won't be able to recover from this issue, my recommendation is to use ESMC all-in-one installer to manually upgrade to ESMC 7.2 -> this upgrade methods will also migrate your console to Tomcat9 which should be definitely supported by recent operating system versions.

when i click on server tasks it says "loading" for a bit and then shuts down tomcat
memory is 8gb and doesn't go over 30% when in task manager when I hit the server tasks

I tried to remove that windows update however it failed so I ran windows updates again
and it gave me the sept 2020 cummulative update which I installed
didn't fix the "server task" issue though

I see the update tab within the console, I've backup up database and certs, could I just run from there or should I download and install

• ESET Staff
  • Solution
18 minutes ago, larry said:

I see the update tab within the console, I've backup up database and certs, could I just run from there or should I download and install

Unfortunately in-product upgrade mechanism will update only main components (console, server, possibly agents) but not third-party components like tomcat or apache HTTP proxy or database server. That is why I would recommend to download and upgrade using all-in-one installer. It will upgrade also mentioned third-party components, especially tomcat and possibly also DB server (this might be necessary in case you are using some older version that sis no longer supported)

sounds like a plan

thanks for that extra information I didn't know about, I will try to look over everything and do on Monday and post my results

thank you

called eset tech support this evening, they went ahead and installed using the installer that I had downloaded, they first installed everything I needed and then went back and installed the latest tomcat

seems to be working as expected now