Modules update failed. Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid.

gedhamgomes

I have a fresh PC, recently installed Win 10 (2004), with all updates applied and no other antivirus present. I purchased a new license yesterday and did a fresh install of ESET NOD32 Antivirus. However, I am getting the following error message: "Modules update failed. Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid."

I followed all instructions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb3189-resolve-modules-update-errors-in-eset-windows-home-products, but none of that worked. The license jus got purchased (yesterday!), so it is valid for another year still.

How do I fix it? I'm a long-time ESET customer, I have other license in a laptop that I have been renewing for years now and never had such problem.

Thank you very much.

• Administrators

It appears that the license was created / modified today. I'm gonna send you a temporary license, please use it for the next few hours while the license details get synced with update servers. It's a 1-month license for ESET Internet Security (EIS) which entitles you to activate also ESET NOD32 Antivirus. You can try out EIS if you want; unlike ESET NOD32 Antivirus it will also add protection from RDP brute-force and other network attacks.