Proper use of "payment protection" in Mobile Security 6.0.25

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I hope I did not miss the obvious in my searching. I am trying to fully understand the intended use of the mobile version of payment protection. 

The Payment protection feature looks like it is for "payment" apps only such as Google pay and dedicated bank apps not browsers (like the desk top version).

If I check off my browser under manage and open the browser from normal icon (for non payment browsing) ESET flags that with a message the app was opened without full protection message.

Is my deduction accurate that this feature is not for browsers were payment "could" be entered and is only for dedicated "apps" ? 

Sorry if I missed something -- Thanks Ebill

• Administrators
  • Solution

Correct. The Payment protection screen reads: "Add additional layer of protection to banking and payment applications", ie. it's enabled for applications, not for browsers. Since applications on Android run in an isolated sandbox, I assume that it's not possible to redirect to a secure browser by design.

Thanks Marcos - I really appreciate the confirmation, the wording is fine I just needed a little insurance to be sure. 

Also thank you for all the work ESET does to keep improving the products !  and your significant contributions here on the forum !

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, ebill said:

Also thank you for all the work ESET does to keep improving the products !  and your significant contributions here on the forum !

Thank you for the kind words :) We committed to listen to our users and deliver you products with small footprint, highly effective protection from current and future threats and good UX. We will appreciate spreading the word further to your friends and other people.