Management agent outdated

SeanMSys
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello, 

We are getting the error "ESET Management Agent is Outdated and is no longer fully compatible with your security product" on our endpoints. Our ESET Remote Administrator (Server),  is on Version 6.3.136.0. From what I am understanding is we need to update out Remote Administrator version to 7.x and then the clients to version 7.x as well? We are seeing this error message on clients that are running endpoint v6 and v7. 

• Administrators
  • Solution

That's correct, there can be several issues that older versions are affected by. As for Endpoint, one of them is that changes in Windows 10 21H1 update will require Endpoint 7.3 or newer, older versions won't work with the update.

I'd like to bring the following KBs into your attention:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3592-is-my-eset-product-supported-eset-end-of-life-policy-business-products

https://support-eol.eset.com/en/

At https://support-eol.eset.com/en/affected.html you can fill in the form to find out what issues affect particular versions of ESET products.

• ESET Staff

@SeanMSys You are running a very old version of ESET Remote Administrator. As marcos stated, all Windows 10 machines that will receive the update 21H1 will have to be running management agent version 7.3 and newer. In order to be able to deploy the management agent of that version, you will first need to update the server to version 7. Please note, that 6.x agents are able to communicate with the V7 server, but the newer agent is not backward compatible with V6 server. So management server upgrade is the first step you need to take, in order to solve the issue. Then you can proceed with the management agent updates, on the affected machines. 

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Coty said:

Is there a way to disable this notification on the client side while we are in the process of updating?

There is no easy way to accomplish that and not without the help of technical support that would need to create and convey a special policy and a new Config Engine module.

We'd like to understand what is the problem with the notification because it merely changes the protection status to yellow and no notification window pops up on the screen, ie. it should be unnoticed by users working on workstations.

On 10/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, Marcos said:

There is no easy way to accomplish that and not without the help of technical support that would need to create and convey a special policy and a new Config Engine module.

We'd like to understand what is the problem with the notification because it merely changes the protection status to yellow and no notification window pops up on the screen, ie. it should be unnoticed by users working on workstations.

At least for me, the issue with the notification is causing me to receive un-necessary support tickets from my end-users thinking there is an issue with their computer when in fact there is nothing wrong.  

• Administrators
7 hours ago, kingoftheworld said:

in fact there is nothing wrong.  

Actually without upgrading agent it would stop working after Windows 10 21H1 update.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Actually without upgrading agent it would stop working after Windows 10 21H1 update.

You are assuming that I plan to deploy 21H1 in the near future. The users in my environment will actually never have access to 21H1.  

• Administrators
On 10/10/2020 at 4:24 PM, kingoftheworld said:

You are assuming that I plan to deploy 21H1 in the near future. The users in my environment will actually never have access to 21H1.  

You can contact your local ESET support for instructions how to avoid the notification.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can contact your local ESET support for instructions how to avoid the notification.

I already have, and they pretty much gave me the option of hiding the GUI entirely or upgrading.  I just hope the feedback received makes the decision makers behind these decisions re-think this next time.  

On 10/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, kingoftheworld said:

I just hope the feedback received makes the decision makers behind these decisions re-think this next time.  

Same to me