Login failed: Connection has failed with state ''Not connected'' after upgrading ESMC VM from 7.1 to 7.2

Every time I try to upgrade ESMC, I get this error message:

Login failed: Connection has failed with state ''Not connected''

Three times now, this has happened, and as I couldn't find a fix, I've just blown away my ESMC VM and created a new one, and redeployed it via AD.

But this is stupid, why does ESMC break every time it upgrades?

If you check service status in services.msc , it will under "stopping state" and all the option under this services would be greyed out. 

Most of time i have to restart server to address this issue until i tried  killing ESET process from task manager, then login to ESMC console.

8 hours ago, marble5gcc said:

Every time I try to upgrade ESMC, I get this error message:

Login failed: Connection has failed with state ''Not connected''

Three times now, this has happened, and as I couldn't find a fix, I've just blown away my ESMC VM and created a new one, and redeployed it via AD.

But this is stupid, why does ESMC break every time it upgrades?

How long did you wait? It takes about 10-30 minutes after an upgrade before the database is ready and it lets you log in. That is normal.

2 hours ago, GregA said:

How long did you wait? It takes about 10-30 minutes after an upgrade before the database is ready and it lets you log in. That is normal.

Hi,
I hHave the same problem, not update needed just reboot after port modification.
Version 7.2.2336.0
Christophe

Edited by CADS

• Administrators

If you waited long enough to no avail let us know if it's a virtual appliance. If so, please provide the output of the command:

ls -laZ /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/Modules

You can try repairing the server by running:

/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/installer_backup.sh --skip-license

In case it the issue was caused by SELinux, try running:

/sbin/restorecon -F -R -v /var/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server

If that doesn't help, please open a ticket with your local ESET support for further troubleshooting of the issue.

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to guess what is going on without more details. Mentioned "Not connected" error just means that console is not able to contact ESMC service. This is normal behavior in case of product upgrade -> during upgrade procedure, console won' be able to connect: length of this outage depends on infrastructure size and amount of stored data , but normally takes minutes.

In case ESMC won't recover after longer time, it is possible that ESMC indeed got broken during upgrade, which might happen especially in case no-longer-supported operating system or database are used, so I would recommend to also check environment is meeting criteria for version you are targeting in upgrade.