ESET NOD32 wouldn't start after update from 12.2.30.0 to 13.2.18

gegmopo3

Hello,

As Marcos requested, I'm starting a new topic to troubleshoot 12.2.30 to 13.2.18 version upgrade on two my computers. 

I've recently purchased a license and tried to install the latest NOD32. Right after the installation, antivirus GUI crashed multiple times. Initial scan didn't complete and NOD32 service crashed.  Exactly the same issue happened on my second workstation running under Windows 10 2004.

Attaching the log files from ESET Log Collector collected after 12 to 13 version update.

eav_logs.zip

In addition to that, I've tried to reinstall the software multiple times, tried to use Uninstall tool, had two remote sessions with support team. They were unable to upgrade up to 13.2.18 or install it from scratch.

• Administrators

Ekrn is crashing. 1505 known networks were found which must be wrong. Please carry on as follows:
- Delete the content of C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics\ (elevation to admininistrator may be needed)
- In the adv. setup -> tools diagnostics change the dump type to "full" and click ok
- Monitor the diagnostics folder. If a dump is created, please compress it and convey it to me (if too big to upload here, upload it to a safe location and provide me with a download link)
- Try deleting known networks in the adv. setup -> Network protection -> Known networks.

Installed 13.2.18 again, enabled full diagnostic dumps. I don't have adv. setup -> Network protection section. Probably I need a different license for that. 

All automatic diagnostic dumps a 0kb in size. Service creates them every minute or so. I was able to create a dump manually from the settings. Uploaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10hzJQyXttchDOFgvS0OdN6svUZ9DAdJy/view?usp=sharing

• Administrators
On 10/1/2020 at 10:13 PM, gegmopo3 said:

All automatic diagnostic dumps a 0kb in size. Service creates them every minute or so.

Are the dumps 0 bytes in size even after changing the dump type to "full" and clicking OK?

On 10/4/2020 at 2:16 AM, Marcos said:

Are the dumps 0 bytes in size even after changing the dump type to "full" and clicking OK?

Nope. The biggest challenge is to enable this feature. While I'm clicking through the steps, the GUI is crashing. I have only several seconds until GUI disappears and I need to start over.