Banking and Internet Security no longer functions after switching default browser Windows 10

Windows 10 Pro 2004 edition. With the arrival of Edge chromium, I decided to switch my default browser from Firefox to Edge. However, Banking and Internet security no longer opens for my sensitive websites. At first it would attempt to open, and I would get a blank browser window with no content. But now it doesn't even try to open. I have tried removing and manually re-adding all of my sites - no joy. 

License ID: XXX-XXX-XXX
Username: EAV-XXXXXXXXXX
Computer name: XXX
Seat name: XXX
Product name: ESET Internet Security
Product version: 13.2.18.0
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro(64-bit)
Machine: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 16228 MB RAM

• Administrators

Do you have the latest version of Edge 85.0.564.63? Redirection to a secure browser works well for me with that version.

What IB website does not open in a secure browser for you? Are you able to open the secure browser by clicking the shortcut on your desktop?

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do you have the latest version of Edge 85.0.564.63? Redirection to a secure browser works well for me with that version.

What IB website does not open in a secure browser for you? Are you able to open the secure browser by clicking the shortcut on your desktop?

Yes, my Edge version is 85.0.564.63. No IB websites will open the secured browser, even though I have more than a dozen in the list.

I have a 3-machine license, and this laptop is the only one experiencing this problem. My desktop, which is using identical software versions, had no problem with the switch - IB just worked. Same with my other laptop - identical software versions and no issues. Only this one. All Windows updates have been applied. 

Are there logs or something I can look at to see what might be going on?

3 hours ago, fatman45 said:

No IB websites will open the secured browser - this laptop is the only one experiencing this problem

Open Eset Banking & Payment Protection from its desktop icon on the laptop with issues. Does Edge open at this point? If so, manually enter your bank's URL address there. Can you connect successfully to the bank's web site?

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, itman said:

Open Eset Banking & Payment Protection from its desktop icon on the laptop with issues. Does Edge open at this point? If so, manually enter your bank's URL address there. Can you connect successfully to the bank's web site?

Yes, it works perfectly if I do this. It just won't open automatically. Previously, BPP seemed very finicky about the URL; if it didn't match perfectly, the browser would not open automatically. But on my desktop computer, that behavior stopped some time ago, and no it just has to have the same domain name. So I was hopeful that would be the case on this laptop, too. But it won't open any sites automatically.

26 minutes ago, fatman45 said:

Yes, it works perfectly if I do this. It just won't open automatically.

Again verify that you have set the new Edge Chromium browser as the default browser on the laptop with issues. 

52 minutes ago, itman said:

Again verify that you have set the new Edge Chromium browser as the default browser on the laptop with issues. 

Confirmed, Edge is the default web browser. And thank you for helping!

20 minutes ago, fatman45 said:

Confirmed, Edge is the default web browser.

And you verified that Edge on that device was updated to the Chromium version?

At this point, I am out of ideas as to why Eset B&PP does not work on the one device.

You could try uninstalling Eset on that device and reinstalling it. If you made Eset GUI setting changes, make sure you export those via Eset GUI like option. After Eset is reinstalled, you can then import the previously saved export file to restore your custom changes.

• Administrators

Could you please provide:
- logs collected with ESET Log Collector
- a Procmon log generated as follows:

1, temporarily disable protected service and reboot the machine
2, start logging with Procmon
3, launch Edge and open an IB website to reproduce the issue
4, stop logging and save the Procmon log
5, re-enable protected service and reboot the machine

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having similar issues except that my Edge browser opens and a few seconds later in closes. I have collected the logs as Marcos has posted, where do I send the logs?

Windows 2004

Eset IS 13.2.18.0

Edge Chrome 86

Thanks

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, MikeGiann said:

I am having similar issues except that my Edge browser opens and a few seconds later in closes. I have collected the logs as Marcos has posted, where do I send the logs?

Thank you, however, since we were able to reproduce the issue no further logs from you are needed.

• Administrators

The issue is addressed in the Banking and payment protection module 1199 which is available on the pre-release update channel and has been already released to some users on the regular update channel as well with the rest to follow soon.

• ESET Insiders

The 11.99 module has been updated on the regular channel since yesterday!

Eset.JPG

Edited by SlashRose