Changing from ESET NOD32 Antivirus to ESET Internet Security

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I like ESET NOD32 Antivirus and am considering changing to ESET Internet Security.

1. If I export my settings from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, am I able to then import them into ESET Internet Security?

2. Can ESET Internet Security simply be installed over the existing ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

3. If the answer to question 2 above is 'yes', will ESET Internet Security retain the existing ESET NOD32 Antivirus settings?

4. Is it possible to use ESET Internet Security with its firewall disabled and the standard Windows firewall enabled, if I find that is what I'd like to do?

I welcome all comments.

Thank you.

• Administrators
  • Solution

1, Yes, you can import an EAV configuration to EIS.

2, I'd recommend entering your new license key under Help and support -> Change license and then click Change product to upgrade to ESET Internet Security seamlessly.

3, Yes.

4, It's possible to keep the firewall disabled but ESET's firewall is more advanced so you probably won't need to resort to using Windows firewall.

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

4, It's possible to keep the firewall disabled but ESET's firewall is more advanced so you probably won't need to resort to using Windows firewall.

OK, sounds good. Just to be 100% clear, if I do disable ESET's firewall, can Windows 10 firewall be simply re-enabled and will then function as normal?

Edited by fastornot
Clarity