Remote Agent update on macOS

Hello,

Managing macOS clients is a new experince for me. Since Windows clients Agents can be easily updated with "ESMC Security Management Center" -> "Security Management Center Components Upgrade" task I thought it can be done the same way on macOS clients. Looks like it's not. Could you please let me know if there is a way to update Agent remotly on macOS clients? Updating EEA works fine with "Software Install" task.

Thanks!

• Administrators

To by best knowledge it should work. What happens if you send an ESMC component upgrade task to a Mac client? Is the task failing? Or simply nothing happens and agent is not upgraded?

Thank you for quick response! I've just check and it's working :) It is a little bit confusing when you create a new "Security Management Center components upgrade" task and see: "ESET Security Management Center Server; version 7.2.1278.0 for windows (WINDOWS)". Netiher version isn't right nor system, but when it's running it knows what to do :)

So thanks again 👍

• Administrators

Actually what you are selecting here is your ESMC server, not the client(s) that you are going to upgrade ESMC components on. Since your ESMC server is running on Windows, you saw "ESET Security Management Center Server; version 7.2.1278.0 for windows (WINDOWS)" there.

image.png