Server showing up under AV license in MSP

LesRMed

We have 2 ESET licenses (multiple seats under each license), one for Endpoint Antivirus for Windows and one for File Security for Microsoft Windows Servers. One of our virtual host servers is showing up under the AV license but with the correct File Security Product Description. As far as I know, it's not causing any issues, but I'm pretty anal about things. How can I move it to the right license, and will it affect the functionality of anything?

image.png.8449c414213d78819431f3df11712abd.png

• Administrators

Please provide your public license IDs so that I can what products they were issued for. To my best knowledge we typically issue bundles of EFSW and Endpoint for users with more seats.

• ESET Staff

Hello @LesRMed Techncally, EFSW and EEA share the same "activation matrix" , meaning it is technically possible to activate EFSW with the EEA (ESET Endpoint Antivirus) or EEPS (ESET Endpoint Protection Standard) license.

You can easily "move" the EFSW under the right license by simply sending an product activation task to the computer where the EFSW is running, including the "File Security" license. 

Edited by MichalJ

6 hours ago, MichalJ said:

You can easily "move" the EFSW under the right license by simply sending an product activation task to the computer where the EFSW is running, including the "File Security" license. 

Thanks! That did the trick! Now I can sleep at night.