Remove Pop-up Virus Alerts On Email - Outlook

Running 13.2.18.0

Is there a way to remove the pop-up alerts when a virus is encountered in an email in Outlook? I see controls to control the handling of the actual email, but see nothing regarding the controlling of the pop-up alert.

3 hours ago, DennyP said:

I don't see how to turn off displaying threat alerts completely either.

Refer to this Eset on-line help article: https://help.eset.com/eis/13/en-US/idh_config_alert.html . Disabling "Interactive alerts" however is not recommend since Eset will become completely silent in regards to the following:

• Threat found

• Address has been blocked

• Product not activated

• Update is available

• Update information is not consistent

• Troubleshooting for "Modules update failed" message

• 'File corrupt' or 'Failed to rename file'

• Website certificate revoked

• Network threat blocked

Edited by itman

Ok - thanks. No, I don't want to turn off all alerts. I did reduce the timeout to 10 seconds (the minimum). I wish it could be set to zero. I usually get one or more alerts every time Outlook pulls email from the 6 email accounts it checks every 3 minutes. Driving me crazy.

Thanks for pointing me to the correct area in the UI.

• Administrators

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector so that I can see what threat was detected and which scanner detected it. Couldn't it be DOC/Fraud that was detected?

It is multiple threats that get detected. The issue is not that the threats are detected, the issue is that each time one is, I get a popup in the middle of what I'm doing. I have the display time set to the minimum 10 seconds.

4 hours ago, DennyP said:

It is multiple threats that get detected. The issue is not that the threats are detected, the issue is that each time one is, I get a popup in the middle of what I'm doing. I have the display time set to the minimum 10 seconds.

These are "opaque" alerts. In other words, the alerts fade away and disappear on their own. You can move the alert window to the lower desktop area such as right edge above the toolbar. This way you will receive a visual display of malware activity being detected and mitigated but it should not interfere with whatever you have currently displayed on the desktop.

That suggestion might work when there is just one window on the monitor. My window with Outlook running is only 1/4 of the monitor so the alert window takes up a lot of real-estate and has to be closed before I can read the email screen.

38 minutes ago, DennyP said:

That suggestion might work when there is just one window on the monitor. My window with Outlook running is only 1/4 of the monitor so the alert window takes up a lot of real-estate and has to be closed before I can read the email screen.

As far as I am aware of, Eset alerts always display on the desktop. When one appears again in the Outlook window, drag the alert window to where I suggested and see if future alerts remain there.

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, DennyP said:

Even if it remains where I move it, I have 4 windows open on my monitor and don't need to cover any of them with a popup.

You might "want to play around" with the below Eset e-mail setting:

Action to be performed on infected email

No action – If enabled, the program will identify infected attachments, but will leave emails without taking any action.

Delete email – The program will notify the user about infiltration(s) and delete the message.

Move email to the Deleted items folder – Infected emails will be moved automatically to the Deleted items folder.

Move email to folder (default action) – Infected emails will be moved automatically to the specified folder.

https://help.eset.com/eis/13/en-US/idh_config_emon_clients.html

If taken literally, only the "No action" and "Delete email" options will generate an alert.

Edited by itman