I can't re-encrypt after a rebuild

Stu_McHugh

I have wiped and reinstalled my laptop (Dell Latitude 7490) and now trying to carry out a Full Disk Encryption.   From the ESET Endpoint Encryption server i have successfully push out the Endpoint Encryption Client (5.0.7.3 and can see in the notification area.  I'm trying to use the TPM chip which was used before do getting a prompt to clear it.  After a reboot and clear the Endpoint Encryption server can see that it's cleared and get the following message against the machine, TPM Status - The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is unavailable, error 3

Can anyone offer any advise? 

Same-ish issue here when trying to reconfigure the TPM it fails with our new Latitude 3410's that came out of the box with windows version 2004 installed. Curious for a solution so we don't have to wipe every single device and go back to version 1909. 

Edited by Nothanksyouplease

• Former ESET Employees

Hello @Stu_McHugh

Can you please tell me how you have cleared the TPM?

Once you sent the command, did the user see a prompt to reboot? 

Have you removed the old machine from the Server before attempting to re-encrypt?

On 9/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, Kristian Cajkovsky said:

Hello @Stu_McHugh

Can you please tell me how you have cleared the TPM?

Once you sent the command, did the user see a prompt to reboot? 

Have you removed the old machine from the Server before attempting to re-encrypt?

I have tried using the windows MMC (TPM>MSC) and in the BIOS.  The send command works and asks for a reboot but after the reboot the console "'Take TPM Ownership' command failed"

Workstation lt1221 68439512-F81F-11EA-B8E0-F4D108C9CCE0.html.txt

• Former ESET Employees
On 9/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, Stu_McHugh said:

I have tried using the windows MMC (TPM>MSC) and in the BIOS.  The send command works and asks for a reboot but after the reboot the console "'Take TPM Ownership' command failed"

Workstation lt1221 68439512-F81F-11EA-B8E0-F4D108C9CCE0.html.txt 29.27 kB · 0 downloads

Please raise a support ticket with us. It will be easier to communicate there rather than in a support forum.

• 1 month later...

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem and unfortunately working with support didn't' help. Perhaps somebody else had more luck?