Virus not detected on Brave browser

Hi,

I discover an issue with detection of virus from website.

the website is "scanmalta.com", at this time (14-09-2020) and since at least 1 week, Eset detect a virus (JS/Spy.Agent.DG) on "azios.js" file.

When i use Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge and Firefox, Eset popup the Alert Virus but nothing with Brave, and the file is loaded !

Is it normal ? Does Eset has some issue to work with Brave ?

Note: i warned the website 2 times, they still ignore me :(

Thanks

Update : I forgot to add version :

Eset Internet Security 13.2.16.0

Opera 70.0.3728.178

Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Firefox 79.0

Microsoft Edge 85.0.564.51 

Thanks

One possibility is Brave has built-in security features and is blocking the script from running prior to rendering the web page. No - by default, Brave allows all JavaScript's to run.

Also it needs to be verified if Brave is using the Windows root CA certificate store or it is using its own root certificate store equivalent.

Edited by itman

There was a thread where Brave had an issue with Eset anti-phishing protection: https://forum.eset.com/topic/19969-brave-browser-not-protected-by-anti-phishing/

Try setting the Eset action to Scan as @Marcos suggested and verify if Eset now detects the script.

Edited by itman

Hi,

thanks for your answer and help.

I did the change @Marcos suggested. Unfortunately (and hopefully) they finally remove the virus ! (and still not replied to me...next time i will report them). So i can not test or confirmed anymore.

I might have a copy of the infected file on a VM, i will try this week on a local website and see if it's working

I will let you know before Sunday.

Thanks

Hi,

i tried with your url, i can confirm Eset detect and block the website.

So now we know we have to change settings for Brave :)

Thanks

Edited by Krg