snocal

Real-time protection kills running apps when Google Play Services is updated

Whenever Google Play Services is updated (which seems often), and Eset scans it, whatever app I am using crashes. I am on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S running 5.4.7.0-15 version of Eset and Android 6.0.1

Since applications on Android run sandboxed, there is no chance that ESET or any other application could kill other running applications or affect them in any way.

Thanks for the response. Can you give me some ideas why this is such a consistent occurence?

The cycle is, app stops unexpectedly, notification says Eset has deemed Google Play Services safe (I have been assuming that an update downloaded, initiating the scan). 

I am not sure but could be possible the apps are crashing because google play services has updated,

Android version is quite old anyhow , try to disable real-time scanning and get Google Play Services to update and replicate the same thing see if it does make it crash or not.

in most cases, you should be willing accept some minor inconveniences when attempting to have a safe and secure device. your first problem may be android 6 any any versions of factory apps your device would have[updates not supported/installed, etc], your second problem may be assuming that something legitimate [ESET] is stopping your apps

On 9/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, Marcos said:

Since applications on Android run sandboxed, there is no chance that ESET or any other application could kill other running applications or affect them in any way.

i am wondering then about cleaner apps [AVG/CCCleaner] that hibernate apps? do these work