Sysrescue Boot to USB Problem

I am running Win 10 home, on a Lenovo Yoga laptop. I have the "boot-to-USB" enabled in the BIOS which is UEFI only. The BIOS does not have any Legacy Options, so using a CD is not an option. The problem is that the OS refuses to boot to Sysrescue but goes directly to Win 10. I have tried several tweaks: disabling "fast Boot" and "Secure boot" options to see if those settings were blocking Sysrescue from loading, but no joy. I have used Rufus and Universal USB Installer to see if it was the .iso image that was a problem. I created an image based on the .iso and the .img versions of Sysrescue. The same problem persisted without any change. QUESTIONS: When I install the ISO image with Rufus/Universal Installer, do those programs automatically make the USB flash drive bootable or is this something I have to do before I use Rufus? Are there any checks I can run on the USB stick itself, perhaps? Any one have any suggestions or input?  Eset Forum members, thank you for your help, nick

Did your Yoga come with Windows 10 32-bit or Windows 10 64-bit?

To UEFI-boot, the USB drive needs to have a FAT32 partition with a \EFI\BOOT folder on it containing one or more .EFI boot files.

For systems with a UEFI 64-bit BIOS - you need \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi

For systems with a 32-bit UEFI BIOS - you need \EFI\BOOT\BOOTIA32.EFI

If your system came with 64-bit Windows installed then it needs to boot from the BOOTX64.EFI file.

If your system came with 32-bit Windows, it probably has a 32-bit UEFI BIOS and so needs to boot from BOOTIA32.EFI.

Many ISOs are 64-bit UEFI only...

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. I have a 64 bit system. I last used Rufus to create a FAT32 based .img onto the usb. When I look at my usb folder, I find the file you speak of here: E:\efi\boot\BOOTX64.efi ...where E: is my usb drive. QUESTION: I have a choice on the drop down menu in RUFUS under "Boot Selection". I have left the default: Disk or ISO Image. Should I be choosing something else in this drop down menu such as one of the Syslinux versiones or Grub?  Is there anything else we might consider, if I have done everything correctly so far? Quizzically Yours, n

On 9/10/2020 at 2:58 PM, Dolfin said:

Solution Found. Will post solution soon when I have the energy/time. Thank you Steve for your input and thank you Forum.

OK, so the problem I was experiencing was that I could not get my OS WIn10 on my Lenovo Yoga  to boot to my USB. I found that I could not find my USB drive in the boot Menu or anywhere else. The solution was that before I entered into my BIOS, I needed to connect my USB stick to my computer. Only then did my BIOS show my USB drive in the booting order list so that I could then put my USB to the top of that list. Thus, when I started up my computer, it finally started from the USB drive and booted the SYSRESCUE.img file on my usb.