No policy in use, so how to change options?

I am new to the cloud administrator product, taking this over from a previous admin.  I am going through all the items and find that the installer they were using doesnt have a policy attached to it.  Makes sense.  But I find that ESET is blocking some of my simulated phishing email domains (KnowBe4), and therefore I want to whitelist them.  Problem here is without a policy currently in place, how can I whitelist domains?  Do I need to push a policy out first before its editable?

• Administrators

In this case the best course of action would be to report the detected phishing email to samples[at]eset.com so that the domain is removed from blacklist.

In the mean time you could allow the blocked url to the list of allowed urls via a policy:

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I can agree, but in my case, there is currently no policy in use.  Which is safe to use without a bunch of issues?

Edited by JDL

• Administrators

It's not necessary to use policies if you don't want to set specific settings on clients. However, I'd recommend enabling password protection at least so that unauthorized persons cannot disable protection or change settings on clients. It is also a good practice to set default real-time protection settings and enabling detection of potentially unsafe applications as a preventive measure against ransomware.