Agent Failed To create subchannel

Hello,

many of my agent have this log in agent trace.log

2020-08-26 23:40:05 Error: CNetworkGrpcModule [Thread 155c]: GRPC:Failed to resolve: esmc.mycompany.com:20033
2020-08-26 23:40:05 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread bb4]: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "esmc.mycompany.com" port: 20033' failed with: Request: Era.Common.Services.Replication.CheckReplicationConsistencyRequest on connection: host: "esmc.mycompany.com" port: 20033 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: 192.168.31.40:9999, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:1, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 2, error message: Failed to create subchannel, and error details: 
2020-08-26 23:40:05 Warning: CReplicationModule [Thread bb4]: InitializeConnection: Not possible to establish any connection (Attempts: 1)

and my agent can't connect to the ESMC.

i migrate my esmc from my cloud server to another server in my office.

i have offline network and i used apache in centos as HTTP proxy to connect to my cloud server. after i migrate to my office server i edit my /etc/hosts in centos 7 and add the esmc.mycompany.com address to resolve my local IP (when use my cloud server the esmc.mycompany.com can be access with FQDN because using external DNS) without changing anything in policy

after several weeks this error came in. and now some of my client didn't connect.

is there any solution of this ?

NOTE :

esmc.mycompany.com in external dns is 103.26.xx.xxx

esmc.mycompany.com in my office (offline network) is 192.168.xx.xxx

port esmc is 20033

my apache proxy is 192.168.31.40 with port 9999

• ESET Staff

Error:

Failed to resolve: esmc.mycompany.com:20033

indicates that ESMC Agent is not able to resolve DNS name of your ESMC, i.e. it seems to be network related issue. Could you verify locally, on client device where AGENT is installed that used hostname can be resolved to IP addresses?

1 hour ago, MartinK said:

Error:

indicates that ESMC Agent is not able to resolve DNS name of your ESMC, i.e. it seems to be network related issue. Could you verify locally, on client device where AGENT is installed that used hostname can be resolved to IP addresses?

client can't resolve the esmc.mycompany.com 

and client can't contact the IP address directly because of the firewall but use apache proxy in port 9999 to forward the request to esmc

ESMC-IDM.jpg

we change the address in /etc/hosts file on proxy (proxy connected to internet) like this

192.168.xx.xxx esmc.mycompany.com 

On 8/28/2020 at 12:24 PM, MartinK said:

Error:

hello martin i have the log. where i can send to you ?