Error Installing Agent with Error checking Peer Certificate

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, MarceloMaulen said:

Hi, i'm trying to install agent on linux centos 6, but failed with 1105: Error checking Peer Certificate. can you help me? thanks

Please check or attach installer log:

/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/EraAgentInstaller.log

for analysis of more detailed progress and error description.

• ESET Staff

Installer is failing because it is not able to process certificate. Unfortunately it is not 10% clear, but I think that reason is very old version of OpenSSL library (OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003) detected and used. Any chance it is possible to install also some later version, ideally 1.0+?

On 8/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, MartinK said:

Installer is failing because it is not able to process certificate. Unfortunately it is not 10% clear, but I think that reason is very old version of OpenSSL library (OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003) detected and used. Any chance it is possible to install also some later version, ideally 1.0+?

thanks MartinK, we'll try in that way.

• 1 month later...

Hi Martin,

I'm trying to install Agent on linux centos 6, but failed with 1105: Error checking Peer Certificate. Last time you tell me that the reason is very old version of OpenSSL library. But, it upgraded that package to OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013. however, the log shows that OpenSSL version 0.9 is used. How is that possible? Attached log file and image capture with version OpenSSL.

thanks

Version_OpenSSL.JPG

EraAgentInstaller_CGR_26102020.log

• ESET Staff

Seems that there is also older version installed in the system, and loaded by system before newer version, which results in it's use.

Also error with loading certificate in this case is:

'GetCertNameFromX509Name: Could not convert name field part to utf-8 text'

which I have not encountered to this time -> is this certificate created by ERA/ESMC or custom? If customer, there might be problem with encoding of fields in certificate, and if it is  created by ERA/ESMC, it will be most probably caused by old version of OpenSSL loaded by installer ...