Error "Login Failed: Connection has failed with the state of 'Not connected'" in ESET Security Management Center Web Console

Hi,

I try to update the server CA by adding a custom CA (using  Webmin) and I see an error. Then I lose the connection to the web console.

I try to go through all the steps as mentioned in this link:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb6813-error-login-failed-connection-has-failed-with-the-state-of-not-connected-in-eset-security-management-center-web-console-7x

But unfortunately no result. (my server is Centos7)

Please give me a solution. I attached all the useful data.

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 09.01.33.png

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 08.50.26.png

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 16.13.06.png

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 12.23.47.png

• ESET Staff

Could you please check or attach installer log file:

/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/EraServerInstaller.log

for more detailed error description? Log contains last installation attempt with much more details, where it should be clear why using custom certificate is not working.

• ESET Staff

As can be seen from error message:

Product 'Server' not found in certificate's subject 'CN=<redacted>.de;'

certificate used for ESMC installation does not meet required criteria, which in this case is that certificate for ESMC Server has to contains word 'Server' in CommonName section.

Just to confirm, is your intent to change certificate of ESMC Server, which is actually used only for ESMC Agent -> ESMC Server communication? Asking as in most cases, requirement is to replace certificate for ESMC WebConsole (= the one shown in browser when using console), which requires different approach.

Steps required for replacing console certificate are described in KB6721 and requirements for ESMC Server certificate in documentation article How to use custom certificate with ESMC.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I just intended to to replace certificate for ESMC WebConsole (= the one shown in browser when using console). I thought I can do it via Webmin.

Now my first problem is to connect the web server again. Please help me how to solve the connection failure issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

thanks again.

Q