New to v.7 , two questions, please....

novice

1. If I select ThreatSense--->Strict Cleaning (default) , an infected item is cleaned automatically (good!) but without informing the user about what just happened (bad)

Example: I created an Eicar text file and when I pressed "Save" the file just disappeared!!!! In fact was removed by ESET but how an user would know???

2. Right click on tray icon , and there is " Activate your product..."

Why is this visible as long as the product is already activated? And , anyway , why is this so important to be visible each and every time when you right clic on ESET icon, as long as you perform this activation, at best, once per year...

thanks! 

• Administrators

1, A bubble should pop up, informing you about the detection and the action taken. Also the detection should be logged in the Detected threats log. I wouldn't recommend using strict cleaning or deleting critical system files automatically (infected or patched) might render the OS unusable.

2, That's by design. This may change in future versions.

Thank you for your answer!

"I wouldn't recommend using strict cleaning..."

So, which settings would you recommend for my daughter pc ( basically, an unsupervised pc which I want to keep it safe without interaction)

Thanks!

2, That's by design. This may change in future versions.

So the suggestions that users made to remove that non-sense were totall ignored! great job ESET, keep that ACTIVATE your product icon visible to us even after we've activated!

Hello novice. Mid-level cleaning for me is best. Smart Security 7 does have a parental control tool that I think NOD32 does not have. I think it's content driven (I do not use it-no kids).  

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

You shouldn't be bothered with prompt windows asking for an action unless a potentially unsafe or unwanted application is detected or if a virus is detected and cleaning is not possible.