Adding Bitwarden extension to secured browser!

Hello,

Why Bitwarden is not whitelisted on secured browser to add as an extension? It is open-sourced password manager and highly recommended because it is open-sourced. In my opinion it is far superior than other password manager because it is open-sourced.

So, is there any way to expedite this request to add Bitwarden on your whitelist?

Thank you!

On 8/25/2020 at 4:29 AM, Trahald said:

Why Bitwarden is not whitelisted on secured browser to add as an extension?

By default, Eset Banking & Payment Protection disables all browser extensions/add-ons for security reasons.

If a password manager is a must for you when using B&PP, you can upgrade to Smart Security version that includes a password manager.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:40 AM, itman said:

By default, Eset Banking & Payment Protection disables all browser extensions/add-ons for security reasons.

If a password manager is a must for you when using B&PP, you can upgrade to Smart Security version that includes a password manager.

Why would I pay extra when I have an easy and secure(open-sourced) option without paying extra money? Adding an extension is easier and cheaper than your recommendation! I already see some extensions are already approved by Eset.

• Most Valued Members
On 8/28/2020 at 12:18 AM, Trahald said:

Why would I pay extra when I have an easy and secure(open-sourced) option without paying extra money? Adding an extension is easier and cheaper than your recommendation! I already see some extensions are already approved by Eset.

It is a marketing choice that no one of us have power over it , and even I think we cannot change it unless you get thousands of people wanting the same thing, because ESET is used by thousands if not millions,

Indeed as you have said there are open source free alternatives that you can use if you cannot afford the extra for Smart Security.

• Most Valued Members
On 8/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, Trahald said:

Your best bet would be to open a support ticket and they could possibly look into allowing it (unsure how the whitelisting works for bpp)

On 8/27/2020 at 5:18 PM, Trahald said:

Your "beating a dead horse" when it comes to Eset allowing any browser add-on/extension. Since Eset implemented the Banking & Payment Protection feature, they have auto disabled browser add-on/extensions. It doesn't matter if they are approved, deemed safe, whatever. As far as Eset is concerned, they are all a security risk if enabled in B & PP mode.

7 hours ago, itman said:

Your "beating a dead horse" when it comes to Eset allowing any browser add-on/extension. Since Eset implemented the Banking & Payment Protection feature, they have auto disabled browser add-on/extensions. It doesn't matter if they are approved, deemed safe, whatever. As far as Eset is concerned, they are all a security risk if enabled in B & PP mode.

Yes, it makes sense to disable extension with that kind of application. My point is I already see they have whitelisted LastPass and couple more extension on BPP. The thing doesn't make sense to me is why they have decided to whitelisted those extension. They are private, closed source and not audited apps. I believe they could pose more risk than any other open sourced apps. If you completely disabled "all" extensions I am ok with that. I just can't think reasonable explanation why you don't whitelist open-sourced audited apps!

Anyway, that's just my point. I wish some of the mods or admins could give me some explanations or explain to me is there any way to submit whitelisting extension request for BPP.

Edited by Trahald

15 hours ago, TomasP said:

Hello guys, thank you for your feedback.

We will add Bitwarden to the list of whitelisted extensions that can be loaded in the protected browser.

Regards,
Tomas

Thank you!