License is about to expire notice

jadinolf

Since yesterday I have gotten a message that my license was about to expire in 13 days. This morning I got a message that my license was about to expire in 12 days AND the program was unpinned from the start menu. What's next? The program will be uninstalled?

I have licenses thru 2016 and will renew my present license when it expires on June 6. I have the 3 computer licenses.

Any way to stop these games that ESET is playing?

Yes, I am not happy.

Hi jadinolf !

The expiring message is normal. It has always warned people of expiration, because its better that.... than to have it expire and have customers infected trying to blame ESET that it didn't warn them.

It would be a back and forth debate. Even adjusting the settings would allow a customer to turn it off and then forget again themselves, in turn would cause some to blame ESET because of their infections.

An automatic process by a computer for a timed event will be more reliable then the errors we humans are capable of. ( But now i'm just rambling off topic , my apoligies).

Sorry jadinolf for your frustrations !

ESET does not pin itself, nor does it unpin itself from the start menu or taskbar, those are user customizations.

I would suggest pinning it back to your taskbar, or place the shortcuts back in your start menu as those may have been caused by windows or a third party, even, corruption or an accident. It should work as normal.

You could always call customer care on Tuesday as i think ESET might be closed for Memorial Day, and let them try and help with your renewal, they may be able to renew and keep your last few days.

Edited by Arakasi

As a workaround, you could always uninstall it and reinstall with a trial to get the expire message to go away temporarily till you contact them by phone.

As always, stickaround just in-case a Moderator would like to add any additional instructions or insight, as their guidance is paramount to mine. :)

Recent thread on the same topic here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2445-stop-telling-me-to-renew-my-license/

Soon I will start seeing the message myself as my license will run out on June 29 if I don't renew.

To me it's not a big deal to click "OK" and the message goes away, it only shows up one time at boot and that's it. I personally don't think that can be called too much, or too often. It would be different if it would remind you every hour the product pings the update servers.

Why it disappeared from the start menu is a good question as I have never seen that happen myself before. But I am very sure that it doesn't have anything to do with that the license will end soon. 

Edited by SweX

Hi

I clicked quote but nothing happened so I'll just post here.

As I said, I have licenses thru 2016 and will update the next one on June 6 and put up with this nonsense.

I guess my Basset Hound Fred unpinned NOD32 from at least two of my start menus. Darn him.

I have 5 licensed computers but the other two don't expire until later this year.

For those of you in the U. S., enjoy Memorial Day. :)

"I guess my Basset Hound Fred unpinned NOD32 from at least two of my start menus. Darn him."

Never underestimate the critters...my Alice T Cat also has many hidden talents.... :P

Edited by TomFace

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Check the clock on your computer. Perhaps the date is set to near the time in 2016 (June 6, 2016?) when the license expires.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Since yesterday I have gotten a message that my license was about to expire in 13 days. This morning I got a message that my license was about to expire in 12 days AND the program was unpinned from the start menu. What's next? The program will be uninstalled?

I have licenses thru 2016 and will renew my present license when it expires on June 6. I have the 3 computer licenses.

Any way to stop these games that ESET is playing?

Yes, I am not happy.

Tomorrow morning the nagging will stop because I will update the license on 3 computers.

There will be 2 more computers later this year. :) :)

SUCCESS! :lol:

Edited by jadinolf

I found this yesterday, so you could probably have renewed when you started this thread without loosing any days that were left according to this...

Can I extend my license before the expiration date?

ESET does not currently offer a license extension program. You may renew up to 90 days before your license expires, and 60 days after your license expires. If you do decide to renew before your expiration date, your new expiration will not take effect until your original expiration date passes.

---------------------------------

The way I read this is, If the license expire on June 6 but you decided to renew 25 days earlier, those 25 days would still count down on your old license period, and the new 12 month period that you renewed for would start after the old period have expired even if you renewed earlier.

But the question is if one would still see the expire notification even if one have renewed earlier, so do the product "see" via the license servers that "this users has renewed the license so there's no need to show the notification because a new license period will start automatically after the expire date" or how does that work?  :unsure:

Edited by SweX

I found this yesterday, so you could probably have renewed when you started this thread without loosing any days that were left according to this...

Can I extend my license before the expiration date?

ESET does not currently offer a license extension program. You may renew up to 90 days before your license expires, and 60 days after your license expires. If you do decide to renew before your expiration date, your new expiration will not take effect until your original expiration date passes.

---------------------------------

The way I read this is, If the license expire on June 6 but you decided to renew 25 days earlier, those 25 days would still count down on your old license period, and the new 12 month period that you renewed for would start after the old period have expired even if you renewed earlier.

But the question is if one would still see the expire notification even if one have renewed earlier, so do the product "see" via the license servers that "this users has renewed the license so there's no need to show the notification because a new license period will start automatically after the expire date" or how does that work?  :unsure:

Hmmmm interesting.

I have 2 more license expiratiions coming up later this year.

I will see what happens so I am not nagged 13 days before theyexpire.

Many thanks.

Edited by jadinolf

Cheers jadinolf. :)

Soon my license will expire too on June 29 to be exact so I will renew earlier myself to see how this works.

Soon my license will expire too on June 29 to be exact so I will renew earlier myself to see how this works.

Cheers to you, my friend.

Keep us posted (I know you will). :)

You bet I will. ;) I saw the first notification today -> "13 days left" 

Edited by SweX

You bet I will. ;) I saw the first notification today -> "13 days left" 

:)