Eset antivirus blocks Viber.exec file -

I'm trying to run Viber.exec file and Eset keeps blocking it. I've run a scan of the file and there's no issue. This app is recommended to me by people who have used it for some time with no problems. Anyone else have any experience with this program? or know why Eset blocks it.

Thanks,

Hello,

If you ran a scan of the file, and ESET did not detect anything. ESET is not blocking it ???

Are you trying to use the desktop version ? The Mobile version ? The OSX version ??

Thanks

• Administrators

Probably you mean the installer for MS Windows which is detected as a potentially unwanted application. This kind of detection is ok (ie. the application is not detected as malware). If you think that benefits of using software classified as PUA outweigh potential risks, you can exclude such application from detection.

Reading this might help: hxxp://virusradar.com/en/glossary/pua

In this case, it is not the software (Viber) that you want to install that is detected, but something else that you probably not want to install that is bundled in the installer that is detected, you can see the detection as an early warning "hey watch out there is more in this installer than you think".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...