Automatic signature update problem

Hello forum!

I have problem where ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.3.2036.0 on one tablet has outdated signatures.

Recently it was 7 days behind updates, although user says it was on and connected days before.

If i press Update manually, it will update just fine.

In update log there are no errors, just last time undated days ago.

Any idea where is the problem?

• Administrators

Please update Endpoint to the latest version 7.3.2039 which should fix the issue. By the way, are you running a standard version of Windows 10 on the tablet? What processor is it powered by?

Hello, thanks for answer!
I will do so - update, observe and report results later.

Tablet is DELL Latitude 5289 i5-7200U, with Windows 10 Pro. We have two same tablets, and i don't really noticed this problem there.

By the way, is there easy way in Security Management Center to spot clients with outdated signatures?

• Administrators

1, You can use a policy to set the number of days without update after which the product will change the protection status to red and will report it as a problem to ESMC. By default it's 7 days:

image.png

2, You can create a dynamic group for computers with outdated engine (virus sig. db):

image.png

Thank you again.

Automatic Update started to happening on its own, but i installed 7.3.2039 regardless. Looks good so far.
May-be there was something with network or vpn, or because tablet was off during right time...

I set number of days for outdated engine detection to 2. No reports so far 🙂