ESMC + RD Sensor

Hi guys I would like to do this -> ESMC server is in DMZ network (Ubuntu distro). I want install RD Sensor to on some device which is in our local network. I want use RD Sensor for information when will connect to our network some new device. Server in DMZ is reachable from local network. Do you think is it possible use it like this way? Another thing is how to install RD Sensor on some device and connect it with ESMC? I didn't find any manual or something like that. Thank you for suggestions

• ESET Staff

Technically you have to install ESMC in the same subnet as devices, so that it can passively detect communication of new devices. That is why I do not think it is good idea to install it to DMZ, as there are probably no other devices in such network.

Regarding deployment into network, you have to install RDSensor on the same machine as some AGENT which is communication with ESMC -> once this is done, data will be processed by ESMC. It is considered as managed product. I would recommend to choose some device in each subnet of your organization to cover detection in all possible networks.

OK. So I need to install Agent which will be communicating with ESMC server on some machine. Reporting will start after installation? 

Another question - how set rogue notification? I know in ESMC server is report which can be generated once, daily, etc. Is possible generate some report which will report about Rogue computer on email? Thank you very much! :)

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, Martin25B93 said:

OK. So I need to install Agent which will be communicating with ESMC server on some machine. Reporting will start after installation? 

Another question - how set rogue notification? I know in ESMC server is report which can be generated once, daily, etc. Is possible generate some report which will report about Rogue computer on email? Thank you very much! :)

You enter your admin dashboard and you can get all information about your endpoints if they have ESET Agent installed , otherwise it will be reported as Rogue device , even if it was a simple switch.