Outpost Firewall 9.x with NOD32 7.317 64bit

Hopie

works this now?

with first release build or beta doesnt work correct.

with 32bit system (win7) no problem.. only 64bit

You can always try it and see how it goes.

Outpost users afaik usually recommend installing outpost first and (insert AV) after for compatibility reasons.

ESET should have no compatibility issues with the Firewall itself, but might have with some of the other protection features that is there for other purposes.

Hello friends,

I would be interested in knowing what makes you choose Outpost over ESET's ?

Likes , don't likes ?

Is it the GUI ? Options ? Look/Feel ? Protection, etc.

No big deal on my part, just curious and interested in what you guys have to say about each!

Thanks for the discussion and as always for reading. :)

Not much consolation but I am running outpost and NOD32  (latest versions of both) on 5 computers with no trouble.

Thanks for your report jadinolf that's good to know. It is possible that Outpost have made some changes in recent version to work better with some AV's.

Do you use them on Win7 64-bit wich is the platform where the OP had issues on?

Edited by SweX

Not much consolation but I am running outpost and NOD32  (latest versions of both) on 5 computers with no trouble.

Thanks for your report jadinolf that's good to know. It is possible that Outpost have made some changes in recent version to work better with some AV's.

Four are Windows 7 64 bit.

One is Vista 32 bit.

One is Vista 32 bit.

Fixed for future onlookers.  :) 

One is Vista 32 bit.

Fixed for future onlookers.  :)

?

Hello :)   I Have Outpost Firewall Pro 9.1 ( latest version) and NOD 32 AV 7.0.317.4 on my PC (Windows 7 Home SP1 32b ) and  it work very well :)  ( I have disabbling Nod HIPS , and I work with that of outpost )

with 32bit no problems.. only 64bit..

test now on my other pc 7.0.317.4 64bit with outpost 9 64bit

Hello :)   I Have Outpost Firewall Pro 9.1 ( latest version) and NOD 32 AV 7.0.317.4 on my PC (Windows 7 Home SP1 32b ) and  it work very well :)  ( I have disabbling Nod HIPS , and I work with that of outpost )

Thanks Paul, why do you choose Outpost Firewall over ESET's ?

@ Hopie - you will probably have to disable some features on either end to make it work.

Hello Arakasi :)  

Thanks Paul, why do you choose Outpost Firewall over ESET's ?

I have Outpost Firewall Pro since the release 4.0.964.582(November 2006) and I had KAV (Kaspersky Anti Virus) since version 4 also; I dropped KAV for NOD32 there two years, and I retain this ensemble who  satisfied me; :)
I prefer an anti virus and a firewall separates, I do not like the  security suite
;)

Edited by paulposition