Update authorization +ESET Live Grid

LudWig

This must have happened shortly after purchasing my license. Read a few other posts but not sure how to proceed. Currently doing a full scan to see if it will change anything. Any input appreciated.

J

eset.png

19 hours ago, Marcos said:

The license was registered to a user with an Arabic name

So, ESET cancels a license because  was registered to a user with an Arabic name ???

I hope you realize that this statement may have legal implications?

Edited by local

• Administrators

Legal implications? No way. If the user had a German, Slovak or whatever name I would have written that to indicate that the license is registered to a user from a different region. I for one don't see anything wrong in mentioning the nationality of a user in this context. Of course the nationality if users must never affect licenses; only international embargoes on countries may have which is not the case here.

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Of course the nationality if users must never affect licenses;

So, what was the point of mentioning  "an user with an Arabic name "?

Your statement implies that the license was cancelled because was registered to an user with Arabic name.

Careful here....

20 hours ago, local said:

So, what was the point of mentioning  "an user with an Arabic name "?

Your statement implies that the license was cancelled because was registered to an user with Arabic name.

Careful here....

Actually the statement posted was:

On 8/17/2020 at 12:00 AM, Marcos said:

The license has been cancelled recently. Please contact the seller (ESET LLC) for more details. The license was registered to a user with an Arabic name.

It is you whom is drawing inference between the separate sentences. In the context posted, the sentences are totally independent of each other.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, LudWig said:

Really weird. Says my license is valid till 2021. Awaiting reply for now.

Please drop me a personal message with your email address that you used in purchase. At least there is no license registered with your forum email address and the license with the above public ID appears to belong to a completely different person. I'd also recommend contacting the seller besides tackling the issue here.

I received a full refund....did not think purchasing a key from elsewhere could lead to issues like that. Haven't purchased antivirus software in years...always been using a free version. Ill be careful from where I shop in the future.

Marcos you are unable to receive messages at the moment apparently .