Hi all,

In the past when I changed my phone I have been locked out of my Eset accounts that have 2FA enabled as during the phone backup and migration the Secure Authentication entries were not moved over. It's a shame I cannot choose my own auth app as I hate having multiple apps for one task, but I understand Eset are pushing their own product. In the case where I got locked out I had to get help from Eset support which took a bit of time to do.

I have just re-enabled 2FA on ESMC as it is accessible from the WAN and if anyone got in they could cause chaos. During this setup I was not given any backup codes though, does anyone know if Eset will use my mobile number on record to text me a backup code so I can add 2FA to the app on my new phone if I ever get locked out? Just want to make sure that if I am locked out I can get back in quickly.

Thanks

I just noticed on a sign-in to ESMC there is a reset token button so I guess this might resend the SMS link to my number so I can add to the app again. Does anyone know if this is the case? Otherwise I will just test it myself but didn't want to cause a probem.