Block all files in folder connecting to internet

Dun

I would like to find simple way of stopping all files in a specific folder accessing/communicating with the web. I have worked how to do it for specific .exe files but it is laborious doing it for several.

Any ideas appreciated.

• Administrators

Unfortunately it is not possible to create firewall rules with wildcards and specific applications must be specified.

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2020 at 12:26 AM, Graham1989 said:

You can block all connections and whitelist those that you require, if you use a firewall.

That will happen if you use a firewall like Windows Firewall Notifier that display notifications when programs try to connect to the Internet, or use Folder Firewall Blocker to block all executable files in a folder. Folder Firewall Blocker is a simple program. All you need to do to make use of it is to launch it, click on folder to select a local folder, and then on the block button to block all executable files in that folder. I'm also using satellite broadband from https://usave.co.uk/broadband/satellite-broadband/ for my internet connection, because consumer satellite broadband is expanding rapidly and I expect fast development in this area in the near future.