Device Control

Hi

We are using ESET  Endpoint Antivirus. We have problem with manage policy USB Control.

Here is require info sheet.  How create and manage policy to meet the require.

image.png.93810f3e2fa65f9a1c4cdee237a5b554.png

• Administrators

My understanding is that you would have to create 11 policies with unique device control rules and manually assign each to the particular computer. PC1-3 would use the same policy, likewise PC7-8 and PC9-10.

35 minutes ago, Marcos said:

My understanding is that you would have to create 11 policies with unique device control rules and manually assign each to the particular computer. PC1-3 would use the same policy, likewise PC7-8 and PC9-10.

Thank you @Marcos. I will try it.

Or you could probably block all by default, and create five policies (USB1-5) and assign to each PC which ones are needed.

• Administrators

Yeah, that would be even better. Create a policy blocking all devices and then also policies with particular devices allowed. Just remember to select prepend so that policies with permissive rules take precedence over the blocking rule.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Yeah, that would be even better. Create a policy blocking all devices and then also policies with particular devices allowed. Just remember to select prepend so that policies with permissive rules take precedence over the blocking rule.

Noted with thanks @Marcos