ESET using up all my RAM, please help

Linxue

I've had this problem for the past 2 weeks. ESET service is filling up to 90%+ of my RAM memory (total of 32GB) and my OS-drive is also getting filled up almost to full. Can someone please help me?

bild.png.6e8e8a701cc9f003f76b2dadd04f55b5.png

• Administrators

If you reboot the computer, how quickly does the memory usage grow? If you temporarily disable startup scan tasks in scheduler and reboot the machine, does the issue go away? Do you have the latest version of EAV 13.2.16 installed?

It varies, but between 10min to 2h. The issue is still there if I skip the startup scan.It says 13.2.15.0 and there is no 13.2.16 version I can update to?

Oh, and for some reason it´s using all my C drive capacity as well.....I´ve had almost 150TB written in the past week....that´s more that I´ve had for the past year....

And this is after having the computer turned on for maybe 6hours or so....nothing to do with start-up....

bild.png

Edited by Linxue

3 hours ago, Linxue said:

Oh, and for some reason it´s using all my C drive capacity as well.....I´ve had almost 150TB written in the past week....that´s more that I´ve had for the past year....

And this is after having the computer turned on for maybe 6hours or so....nothing to do with start-up....

bild.png

Try collecting logs and share here. Then uninstall ESET. 150 PB in a week? This is really hurting your HDD. On the forum I see another user also having similar high ram usage issue. Wait for ESET to find out the root of the problem, fix it and then install ESET again. 

It´s actually an M.2 SSD, which is probably worse =/

I´m not sure how to share logs and upload them though. Would be awesome if you could help me with that.

• Administrators

Could you please change the dump to "complete" in the adv. setup -> tools -> diagnostics and click "Create" when the memory consumption by ekrn reaches approx. 1 GB?

After generating the dump, collect logs with ELC, upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a pm with a download link.