Threatsense parameters

Hi,

In Internet Security > Advanced Setup > Malware Scans > On-Demand Scan > Threatsense Parameters, there are two categories that are off: Email files, & Archives. Does it mean that program doesn't scan these two? Its better to leave them off or turn them on?

Thanks

Thanks, if their default value is off (which seems to be), the program doesn't scan them by default, which is less secure I assume. I want to know if its not much important, leave them off. (Since if programmers left them off they did it on purpose probably).

• Administrators

It depends on what scan profile you select. For instance, the In-depth scan profile has archives enabled and smart optimization disabled to ensure that every file is scanned. On the other hand, in-depth scans may take quite long.

I didn't notice that with selecting different profiles at top the threatsense parameters are updated & are different. So now I understand those two categories belong to "smart scan" profile which is off by default. (which is faster scan comparing to in-depth)

Thank you very much