Configuration - GP vs Local on client

Hi everyone,

here is my scenario:

I have an ERA Server v5 and I have Eset Endpoint Antivirus v5. Configuration update for all client is over Group Policy. So, when I make some changes on GP clients take new/edit configuration.

Questions:

Then I have to change Exclusions. I made some changes directly on client side, but after update configuration stay same with changes on client side? I thought that should be overwritten with GP config?

What is going on with update parameters, why update server address is changed when I manually (on client side) put some other?

Thank you.

Edited by ritter.rs

• Administrators

Not sure what you mean by overwriting configuration with a GP config; the only way how to adjust the configuration of ESET clients is by means of Remote Administrator policies. Also it's most likely policies that rewrite the configuration of the update server on clients.

Then I have to change Exclusions. I made some changes directly on client side, but after update configuration stay same with changes on client side? I thought that should be overwritten with GP config?

From my experience and from other removal methods built-in to the project, there has usually been settings within configuration that sets for a removal of exclusions, i have attached a screen shot showing exactly this.

What is going on with update parameters, why update server address is changed when I manually (on client side) put some other?

Might need some more elaboration on the question here, but usually policy settings will over write the client side settings when the client checks in to ERA.

post-1101-0-39691800-1400682074_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Ok, thank you for your answers.

I know how to put exclusions in config on Group Policy.

And yes the goal of my questions is about policy settings and over write the client side?
Policy settings should over write client side settings? Right or wrong?
Take for example exclusions settings, I made it on the client side but they are not over written from Group Policy. Should exclusions be over written from Group Policy?

Exclusions will only be overwritten if your policy has the "Mark for Deletion", simply deleting the exclusion server side will only prevent the exclusion from being set on future pushes, and client policy update requests.

Yes policy overwrites certain settings client side.