ESET Has Blocked My Site - What To Do?

Guest hamid
Go to solution Solved by JavierSeguraNA,

The answer is at the top of the thread: 

To submit a suspicious file, website or possible false positive to ESET for analysis, follow the instructions for your issue using the link below:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/soln141&ref=esf

Hi,

I have sent 2 emails to samples@eset.com (with screenshots and all the information) but got no feedback or any reply. The site is still blocked so I hope you can help from this end.

Many thanks!

• Administrators
Hi,

I have sent 2 emails to samples@eset.com (with screenshots and all the information) but got no feedback or any reply. The site is still blocked so I hope you can help from this end.

Many thanks!

Most likely you're using an outdated signature db, try updating to the latest version.

Hi,

Many thanks!

Most likely you're using an outdated signature db, try updating to the latest version.

Great! you were right the site is ok now. The second site amazon.grabthenetcourse.com is still blocked, can you do something about this one (I have sent 2 emails also about this to samples@eset.com but it is still blocked)?

Many thanks!

• Administrators

Great! you were right the site is ok now. The second site amazon.grabthenetcourse.com is still blocked, can you do something about this one (I have sent 2 emails also about this to samples@eset.com but it is still blocked)?

Many thanks!

It seems the malware has been removed. Your website will be unblocked in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to file dispute? I have tried a lot of time everything mentioned in your support artilce: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

Our case is that eset is blocking our website r e g i n o u t dot com and it is also blocking our exe (reginout_setup.exe). Eset considers our software as a variant of win32/adware. 

We are being punished and denied just treatment because of the following reasons:

1- We follow google software principles

2 - We never distribute malware/adware/toolbar or any other crapware along with our software

3 - We do not spam people 

4 - Our software is listed on cnet, microsoft pinpoint, tucows and all major downloading website

5- We distribute our software with Verisign certificate

6 - Our software company is Intel's premium elite partner

Why on earth our website and software being blocked by eset? How can we get justice? Why are our customers being denied to use our system utility software when they want to use it?

I request you to please solve our problem and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not again suggest me to email to the samples@eset.com or samples@eset.sk 

These guys dont even bother to reply. 

Please fix our problem, I would be grateful to you and would spread a good word of mouth for your dispute resolution effort. 

What you need to do is to reanalyze our website and software and fix this FALSE Positive. 

Is there a way to file dispute? I have tried a lot of time everything mentioned in your support artilce: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

Our case is that eset is blocking our website r e g i n o u t dot com and it is also blocking our exe (reginout_setup.exe). Eset considers our software as a variant of win32/adware. 

We are being punished and denied just treatment because of the following reasons:

2 - We never distribute malware/adware/toolbar or any other crapware along with our software

4 - Our software is listed on cnet, microsoft pinpoint, tucows and all major downloading website

Why on earth our website and software being blocked by eset? How can we get justice? Why are our customers being denied to use our system utility software when they want to use it?

I request you to please solve our problem and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not again suggest me to email to the samples@eset.com or samples@eset.sk 

Please fix our problem, I would be grateful to you and would spread a good word of mouth for your dispute resolution effort. 

What you need to do is to reanalyze our website and software and fix this FALSE Positive. 

Hello Faust ;)

Clever piece of software malware you have right there.

The problem with it is this...

When you launch your program, it secretly creates a scheduled task. This is bad practice, and doing it without the users consent is mischievous in nature and as a result will not be removed from ESET's database under the threat Win32/Adware.AntiMalwarePro.AD

The only way out here is for you to fix your own program. ESET will not be able to do this for you.

You need to remove bridge.dll. Then remove the scheduled task(s) that are created upon launching your application, whether your dll creates it or not. :rolleyes:

Once this is done, you can re-submit under the directions so well known to you. You may even receive a response after that is done.

I don't have the credentials to be called a malware researcher, but you have to realize that ESET's malware research team is far superior than what i am capable of when it comes to forensically analyzing software.

They know whats going on here. :ph34r:

Good luck on cleaning up your software.

post-1101-0-11947800-1406044159_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Hi

We have noticed that our domain, p30download.com, has been blocked by ESET malware protection software.
We have removed the potentially dangerous content from our websites and we would like to request to whitelist our domain.

We have sent several emails to samples@eset.com &
Also we have several times submit in the following form:
hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

But we have not received any replies !!

Kind regards,
Webmaster of p30download.com

Hi

We have noticed that our domain, p30download.com, has been blocked by ESET malware protection software.

We have removed the potentially dangerous content from our websites and we would like to request to whitelist our domain.

Kind regards,

Oh yeah, you got it cleaned up alright. LOL

post-1101-0-83097700-1406205202_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Hello Faust ;)

Clever piece of software malware you have right there.

The problem with it is this...

When you launch your program, it secretly creates a scheduled task. This is bad practice, and doing it without the users consent is mischievous in nature and as a result will not be removed from ESET's database under the threat Win32/Adware.AntiMalwarePro.AD

The only way out here is for you to fix your own program. ESET will not be able to do this for you.

You need to remove bridge.dll. Then remove the scheduled task(s) that are created upon launching your application, whether your dll creates it or not. :rolleyes:

Once this is done, you can re-submit under the directions so well known to you. You may even receive a response after that is done.

I don't have the credentials to be called a malware researcher, but you have to realize that ESET's malware research team is far superior than what i am capable of when it comes to forensically analyzing software.

They know whats going on here. :ph34r:

Good luck on cleaning up your software.

How do you define a malware btw?

Task is just to launch software on windows startup .. user can disable it in settings. ESET is detecting site even before that!

I hope someone from ESET takes notice and fairly deal with this matter which is hurting Eset's and ours reputation. 

Hi

Kind regards,

Dear friend

you get this alert

HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus

Because the site has being blocked by ESET

To make sure the site has not virus, you can go to this address:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/7433f959d82c1708f92e6eb4c60893724657527054de57b6001fae3640e45aab/analysis/

As long as you are not sure, Please do not comment.

Hi

Kind regards,

Dear friend

you get this alert

HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/7433f959d82c1708f92e6eb4c60893724657527054de57b6001fae3640e45aab/analysis/

I am sure, i had two files sitting on my computer this morning with the same detection.

This is not where you make disputes anyway, the directions are at the beginning of the thread.

If you cannot follow them. Please do not comment.

Hi

Kind regards,

Dear friend

you get this alert

HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus

I am sure, i had two files sitting on my computer this morning with the same detection.

This is not where you make disputes anyway, the directions are at the beginning of the thread.

If you cannot follow them. Please do not comment.

I know the directions & follow them previously

I have sent several emails to samples@eset.com &

also i have several times submit in the following form:

But i have not received any replies form ESET!

If ESET based on their commitment to be responsive to my request

i don't post any reply at this topic

• Administrators

Hi

Kind regards,

The block is ok. We urgue you to remove ESET products from your website, then we can review it and possibly remove the block. If you want to become a reseller, please contact ESET Middle East.

Hi

Kind regards,

The block is ok. We urgue you to remove ESET products from your website, then we can review it and possibly remove the block. If you want to become a reseller, please contact ESET Middle East.

Thank you for your answer

We have 2 article in our site for ESET product:

------

hXXp://p30download.com/fa/entry/48951/

hXXp://p30download.com/fa/entry/48949/

------

You can check download links

we only link to eset website to download TRIAL VERSION of ESET Products

NO Crack

NO Public Key

NO Offline Update

at our site can not be found

However, if you want to remove that articles we will remove them.

All your wishes will be carried out, we need your help to fix this problem.

Thank you for your cooperation

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
edited links

We did not get a response from you

However, we've removed all the content related to ESET product's

Please check our website to unblock it

• Administrators

We did not get a response from you

However, we've removed all the content related to ESET product's

Please check our website to unblock it

The distributor for Middle East should have contacted you via their partners regarding this. As soon as we receive approval from them, we'll act accordingly. Further communication regarding unblocking this website must be done via official channels, not via this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dear,

I The information sent According to this method. hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

but i didn't restive any replay for them.

So here is my request.

I hope it's not a big problem & we can fix the problem faster .

Kind regards,

Webmaster of hXXp://p30mororgar.ir

-----------------------------------------------

my website is blocked by ESET, its show in online scanners , and i ma not sure were is the problem or which files are not in use.

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
edited links

• Administrators

Please refrain from reporting website blocks in this forum as it's ESET Malware Research Lab (MRL) that blocks should be reported to. We, the moderators, have no competence to dispute nor unblock websites if MRL finds a website block to be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

This link is explained.

There is also already a thread for this issue (website blocked by ESET). Let's keep the forums clean and you can post your replies there. I am now locking this thread.

I want this issue is resolved، But why are not held accountable...

If the company eset identify and protect users.

My site is clean from any viruses and malicious files (Clean site)

just Domain blacklisted By ESET. to site--> hxxp://sitecheck.sucuri.net/