Update Eset Security Management Center Virtual Appliance

When web console notify a new product update on ESMC and I am using ESET SMC Virtual Appliance, how should I proceed to?

eset-update-esmc.png.1d593be607c617978c81aa1495052f71.png

According to online documentation about ESMC VA upgrade  It is neccesary download a new VHD updated. Is it right or these steps are needed for another kind of update?

I should not click on the UPDATE button displayed on the web console notification?

It is my first ESMC upgrade since I started using Virtual Appliance and I want to be sure about how to proceed.

Thanks a lot

• Administrators

Basically all you need to do is press Update. However, we recommend backing up CAs as well as peer certificates and the db as advised in the notice in case something goes haywire during the upgrade.

• Administrators

The steps tell the same, ie. to send an ESMC component upgrade task:

Upgrade process (alternative way to upgrade)

validation-status-icon-warning IMPORTANT

Upgrading ERA or older ESMC to the latest ESMC on the same VA does not upgrade other VA software (operating system, packages needed for proper functioning of ESMC Server). We recommend that you migrate the server after the pure upgrade.

Upgrade the VA using Components Upgrade task:

1.Upgrade ESMC Server first.

2.Upgrade a ESET Management Agents sample group.

3.If the upgrade of the sample is successful and Agents are still connecting, continue with the rest of the Agents.

As the notice says, the ESCM component upgrade task won't update the OS and other non-ESET components so it makes sense to perform also migration according to the KB, however, it's not mandatory.