How create policy that allow execute secured powershell files

Hi,

when I tried to execute a ps1 file from local network on a laptop, ESET HIPS block it for security reasons. It is great, but I need execute some secure powershell files.

Path file is for example Z:\Powershell files\psfile.ps1

How I can add an exclusion that allow execute some powershell files?

I am not sure if the correct steps are create a new policy applied to ESET Endpoints and under Configuration > Engine detection > HIPS > HIPS configuration > Rules.

In afirmative case, How to add a rule that allow a specific powershell file?

I clicked on add rule

• Name = Allow PSFILE
  • Action = allow
  • Enable "Applications"
  • Enable "Enabled"

click Next.

On Source application select specific application and added C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe.

Next

Enable "start new application"

Next

Select Specific application and add the psfile path "Z:\Powershell files\psfile.ps1"

Click finish

Then apply the policy to my computer.

Now when I execute the psfile, a powershell windows is opened but no action is done...

Thanks a lot

Are you sure Eset actually blocked the PowerShell script execution? As far as I am aware of, Eset will not unconditionally block PowerShell script execution. Eset's Knowledgebase has articles on how to block Powershell exection via HIPS rules for additional ransomware protection. Also, those rules need to be manually created unless something has changed in Eset Endpoint default settings.

By default, PowerShell script execution is blocked on Win 10 via default execution policy. You have to change that as shown in this article: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-and-run-your-first-powershell-script-file-windows-10 .

Thanks for your reply @itman,

Perhaps I should said previously that I am using recommended ESET ransomware prevention policies (Antivirus and Firewall).

I was working with powershell before installing ESET with no problem.

Finally I solve the problem adding a rule on network protection > firewall configuration witch allow LAN access to powershell. 

For security reasons I applied this last rule only to computers where this option is needed.