Update agent on Windows File Security Server

How should I update ESET Management Agent on File Security Servers?

From ESMC web console it seems not possible an automatic update.

Should I uninstall, restart and install ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server?

Thanks!

Edited by KGAIBERIA
spelling mistake

• Administrators

The easiest way how to upgrade agent is by sending a Security Management Center component upgrade task.

Thank you Marcos for your reply!

I created a Software installation pack selecting as Package to install: "ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server" and applied it to the server but Management agent continues outdated even after restart. Did I select the wrong task?

@Marcos

I have readed on the forum that for an management agent update is needed a "component upgrade task" but when I try to create a new one this option is not listed (see screenshoot attached)

I an working with ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.2 (7.2.2233.0) and ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.2 (7.2.221.0)

eset-tasks.png

• Administrators

You have to send also a "Security Management Center Components Upgrade" task to the clients to update agent.

Thank you @Marcos,

The Management Agent that I want to update is installed on a Windows Server but if i select "Security Management Center Components Upgrade", when I click on choose server, there is only listed the Linux version (because is the version installed on ESET SMC Virtual Appliance).

Should I select my ESET SMC linux server? I think this step is a bit confusing because I understand that I should select the same SO that I have installed on the machine that I want to upgrade. Perhaps my problem is that previously I was using ESMC installed on a Windows computer...

update-esmc-components.png.92aee24d90ff5df5c099d92d100a4c77.png

• Administrators

Correct. Companies usually use just one ESMC server so only that one will appear in the list. Select it and complete the task.

• Administrators

We plan to automatize these things so it should be easier to upgrade both the security products and agent in the relatively near future.