Is ESET antivirus a good choice?

I have a friend who is some sort of network tech, recommended ESET antivirus. I don't know anywhere near as much as him about computers in general, so I took his recommendation. It seems to work fine, but I'm not sure I'd know what it looks like if it weren't working.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice? I have ESET NOD 32 version 7.bunch of numbers, paid subscription for it. Am I covered for spyware/adaware/malware, whatever other -wares exist?

Thanks!

Edited by TomasP
spam links removed

• Administrators

Do you have ESET CyberSecurity or ESET CyberSecurity Pro? If so, the latest version is 6.9.60.0 so not sure if you are referring to Windows product version 7. The latest version for Windows is v13.2.15 and v7.3.2036 in case of Endpoint (business product).

19 hours ago, harshadgowda said:

I have a friend who is some sort of network tech, recommended ESET antivirus. I don't know anywhere near as much as him about computers in general, so I took his recommendation. It seems to work fine, but I'm not sure I'd know what it looks like if it weren't working.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice? I have ESET NOD 32 version 7.bunch of numbers, paid subscription for it. Am I covered for spyware/adaware/malware, whatever other -wares exist?

Thanks!

Thank you so much

I used a lot of antivirus programs and now using ESET just a half year, and this it's working an excellent. I think you will not be disappointed.

• Most Valued Members
23 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do you have ESET CyberSecurity or ESET CyberSecurity Pro? If so, the latest version is 6.9.60.0 so not sure if you are referring to Windows product version 7. The latest version for Windows is v13.2.15 and v7.3.2036 in case of Endpoint (business product).

Just a heads up to let you know the user appears to be a spam bot. I've reported them as well. Seems to be the same as usual, user posts something  to then later on edit the posts to add links probably hoping no mods will look back it at.

Just wondering if there would be a way to have it so new users can't post links or would this cause problems for genuine users?

Stay with ESET, on macOS is one of the best written antivirus...others seems like they are made by children from kindergarten.