ESET Smart Security 7.0.317 has been released

The last number in the version format is wave releases. Typically for new language translations. There isn't bug fixes in wave releases. There isn't much point in worrying about that version number.

• 1 month later...

any news for beta 8 ?

Hello,

No we don't know, ESET never give any ETA release dates other than when it's ready. If they would give an ETA but they would need to change the date people would only get disappointed. 

So it's better to say nothing and release it as a surprise. It will be announced here on the forum, the website and other channels as usual.

If by "news" you mean new features, then we only know that they are working on "something" but what it is exactly we don't know, but we'll see on the day the Beta is released.

Edited by SweX

eset corp please investigate for some reason in windows 8 and windows 8.1 when you try to install net framework 3.5 and you  have the last version of eset it seen the anti virus prevent that net frame works install no matter  if you  disable the anti virus dont work 

and when you install the last version of eset 7  the windows 8.1 smart screen change to disable and you cant enable 

• 1 month later...

Questions on best way to v7.0.317 update?-

1. If I Live Update ESS over the top, rather than waiting for regular module update- Will I have to re-trust everything on my computer again?

This is Very time consuming, and exporting/importing settings doesn't Trust!

2. If I wait for the regular module update- Will I have to re-trust everything anyways?

Hello,

Sorry, i'm not sure I understand your questions exactly :)

Are you asking about updating the product "over the top" ? Yes you can. But you don't need to do that if you already got 7.0.317 as that is the latest version. 

A new ESET install will have to download new VSD's and modules after installation. 

Module and engine updates is being downloaded to the product via the VSD update channel.

Not sure what you mean with that you have to "re-trust everything" on your computer.

Exporting/Importing the settings works fine last time I tried.

Edited by SweX

1. If I Live Update ESS over the top, rather than waiting for regular module update- Will I have to re-trust everything on my computer again?

You can do the update over the top (= without uninstalling the previous version).  ESET will remember your settings (inclusive all rules).

If I wait for the regular module update

ESS v 7.0.317 will not automatically push this version out as an update (here called program components update, more information in this post). If you want to update you have to download it manually and then run the installer.

But if you aren't having problems you can also use the older version. (Of course if you use ESS < v 7 then I would recommend you to upgrade, but if you already have e.g. v 7.0.302 then you don't have to upgrade)

Module updates are downloaded with the VSD updates, but they have nothing to do with the version of the program (e.g. 7.0.317).

Edited by rugk