ESET Smart Security 7.0.317 has been released

• Administrators

ESET Smart Security version 7.0.317.4 has been released and is available to download.

New features:

• fixed: issue with firewall not displaying pop-up windows in interactive mode
  • fixed: issue with firewall not displaying pop-up windows when network-aware applications were modified and subsequent communication was blocked
  • fixed: issue with toast notifications not being displayed on Windows 8+
  • fixed: issue with event notifications being sent with no content
  • fixed: issue with Windows Action Center notifications
  • fixed: issue with Antispam module crashes
  • fixed: issue with Anti-Phishing protection not being re-enabled when enabling protection via the tray icon context menu
To download and install ESET Smart Security version 7.0.317.4, download and run Live Installer available on the download page. Installation over previous versions is fully supported.

Update to the latest version via program's gui is not available yet.

For more information and to download the product, visit the ESET website or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

• Most Valued Members

Tried to update via tray icon > update, and says version is current 7.0.302.26 ?

Will this be fixed or do i have to download installer and do it manually ?

• Administrators

Tried to update via tray icon > update, and says version is current 7.0.302.26 ?

We're not planning to release this update as a PCU (program component update). Manual download and installation is required.

• ESET Insiders

Bekomme beim Upgrade auf das neue Build immer Folgende Fehlermeldung: Beim Versuch, die Datei c: /Windows/Installer/ess_nt32deu.msi zu lesen ist ein Netzwerkfehler Aufgetreten

Bitte um Support!

• Administrators

Bekomme beim Upgrade auf das neue Build immer Folgende Fehlermeldung: Beim Versuch, die Datei c: /Windows/Installer/ess_nt32deu.msi zu lesen ist ein Netzwerkfehler Aufgetreten

Bitte um Support!

It seems that the original installer located in c:\Windows\Installer\ess_nt32deu.msi was removed unwittingly. Please follow these instructions to remove ESET and then install v. 7.0.317 from scratch.

• ESET Insiders

[bing Translation inserted by Moderator.  AG]

Wo müsste der ursprüngliche Eset Installer denn normalerweise sich Befinden? Musste mir nach dem Eset beim Upgrade Versuch die alte Version Zerstörte und die neue sich nicht Installieren Ließ ein Image meines Windows 7 Aufspielen und habe jetzt natürlich die Sorge das dieses wieder passiert, daher meine Frage wo sich der ursprüngliche Installer Befinden muss, damit ich nachsehen kann bevor ich das Upgrade starte ob dieser sich dort befindet!

[Where is the original installer for ESET normally located? I attempted to upgrade ESET with the old version missing and the new one will not install when working with an image of my Windows 7 installation and did again now of course this concern happens, hence my question about where the original installer is located so that I can check before I start the upgrade to see if it is there.]

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
added language translation

We're not planning to release this update as a PCU (program component update). Manual download and installation is required.

It is interesting to create an update but not release it as a PCU.  It is not a big deal for me to manually download and install the thing but can you comment generally on the reasons why an update would not be sent as an automatic one?  Does this mean another, bigger update is coming soon or perhaps that just people with specific issues should download the update?  Just curious.

• Administrators

It is interesting to create an update but not release it as a PCU.  It is not a big deal for me to manually download and install the thing but can you comment generally on the reasons why an update would not be sent as an automatic one?  Does this mean another, bigger update is coming soon or perhaps that just people with specific issues should download the update?  Just curious.

Security programs are integrated tightly with the operating system. As a result, the likelihood of an issue occuring during upgrade in certain system configurations is higher than with other software. At the moment, we were able to test only the program itself but not the PCU as the testing department is now focusing chiefly on brand new product versions that should be introduced later this year.

Manuel uninstall ess 7030226 befor install new version or not uninstall ?

Edited by max

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

@Max: upgrade is supported, so you do not need to uninstall it manually.

@SlashRose: the installer package is located in C:\Windows\Installer\ 

My ess7 says that the current version of 7030226,

and when the click to check for program updates,

I get a notice that I use the most current version and that no new version for upgrade ...?

My ess7 says that the current version of 7030226,

and when the click to check for program updates,

I get a notice that I use the most current version and that no new version for upgrade ...?

This update has not been released as a program component upgrade yet. The staff is too busy working on the next version of ESET that will be released.

You have to visit the download page and run the live installer(preferred). It can be installed over the top of your existing.

Dose ESET Smart Security 7.0.317.4 fix firewall issues (IPv6: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2191-eset-smart-security-7-firewall/ )?

According to Marcos in that thread :

Will be addressed in the next major release of consumer products.

Which would mean, the next version, presumably version 8.

Edited by Arakasi

And whether through a shorter period to be enabled automatic PCU  updates from the  interface ESS7 ?

I would have thought the Check for Program Update SHOULD work every time there is an update to the Program so we can always have the latest patched product we have subscribed too?  Maybe you guys can setup an email alert service for your customers?

eset corp do you fix atack display notification what i mean is 

if you fix firewall display atacks notification will display when some atack or you are undertad the firewall will the play the atack 

for example   dns poisoning atacks detetcted 

tell me if you fix fix that please is the most important 

know when you are bean atack to protect you lol

does anyone know, i heard ESET 7.0.317.5 has been released  where i can download to have trial home edition

your info more than welcome

Edited by ismethere

does anyone know, i heard ESET 7.0.317.5 has been released  where i can download to have trial home edition

your info more than welcome

"Service Release 1 of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version 7.0.317.4, has been released (version 7.0.317.5 for SWE and JPN)."

• ESET Insiders

Where the two Firewall bugs listed as fixed in this build the same bugs that were reported by AV-Comparitives in regards to their recent Firewall Test?

Edited by cutting_edgetech

I would have thought the Check for Program Update SHOULD work every time there is an update to the Program so we can always have the latest patched product we have subscribed too?  Maybe you guys can setup an email alert service for your customers?

I agree.  I haven't been to this message board in quite a while and had no idea there was a program update.