Does the update to 7.3.2039 from 7.3.2036 require a reboot?

JoeC

Does the update to 7.3.2039 from 7.3.2036 require a reboot? I held off on the update to .2036 because of the reboot stuff. We're all working remotely and can't risk rebooting and then the the computer not coming back up. Had to wait until someone was going to be in the office, just in case. I'm personally 1700 miles from the office, so it's not exactly convenient when a reboot is required and no one is around.

• Administrators

A reboot is always recommended  when installing a newer version over an older one. However, it's required only if you install v7.3 over an older version.

This will be eventually solved via the so-called micro program component updates that will be available some time after the next version of ESMC planned for Q4/20.

• Administrators

I've found out that a reboot is required only when Device Control is enabled. Should have more info on this next week.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've found out that a reboot is required only when Device Control is enabled. Should have more info on this next week.

I can't confirm this. I installed the update yesterday on one of my computers for testing. Only thing configured in the used policy is RDP. Device control is deactivated and I still got the red alert stating a reboot is needed.

Getting a few computers saying No regular update tasks have been scheduled. The application will not check for or receive important updates.

after the update. They are in the same Dynamic group and the same profiles only some seem to say it

• Administrators
8 hours ago, robg said:

Getting a few computers saying No regular update tasks have been scheduled. The application will not check for or receive important updates. after the update.

Please check on the clients if the Regular update task is enabled in Scheduler:

image.png