Eset Internet Security 13.2.15.0

I noticed this morning when I turned on my computer and eset got ready.  I then went into more tools scheduler and noticed that user logon task and successful module update was at the time of 7 am this morning but the regular automatic update every 60 mins was not it was at yesterdays date at 7:16 pm.  But it did run at 7:16 am this morning.  So what I want to know is if everything is alright or do I need to worry about it?

• ESET Insiders

This is another bug that I have already reported on https://forum.eset.com/topic/24777-many-bugs-in-eset-internet-security-132150/, as I wrote this version has errors without end, you have to have a look at the German Security Forums, there are a lot of these errors!

28 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

I then went into more tools scheduler and noticed that user logon task and successful module update was at the time of 7 am this morning but the regular automatic update every 60 mins was not it was at yesterdays date at 7:16 pm. 

Eset by default has two scheduled update tasks:

1. Auto update check at user logon. This task is set to run no more than once in a 60 min. interval.

2. Regular Auto update task. This task is set to run every 60 mins.

Interpreting the above. The user logon task only runs only once at user logon time; i.e. system startup and/or sign-on time. The regular update task runs every 60 mins.. Therefore, it is normal at first system startup for the day to observe the difference in run times noted.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

@itman, I believe that the error arises from the fact that Eset no longer automatically updates the signatures when booting, but that the signatures must be updated directly after booting Manuel, which is also a bug of this version.

1 hour ago, SlashRose said:

@itman, I believe that the error arises from the fact that Eset no longer automatically updates the signatures when booting, but that the signatures must be updated directly after booting Manuel

I have had no problem with auto signature updating on ver. 13.2.15 on system startup. So far this has only happened once. And like occasional non-updating have occurred on prior Eset versions. I chalk it up to Eset occasionally "hiccuping" which we all know happens ............... We need to deliver to Eset a giant sized bottle of Maalox to relieve it's periodic "indigestion."😁

It also appears to me that Eset has finally fixed "the double updating" bug that has existed in every prior version I have used. In the past at system startup, Eset ran the logon update task and immediately thereafter ran the regular update task which was totally unnecessary. I believe the elimination of this is what caused @Purpleroses concern.

Edited by itman