saving browser logins

Hello,

Being a security conscious person, for years I refused to allow browsers to save my logins. I finally relented about a year ago, and found my experience to be ever so much easier that I wished I'd made the change long ago. My question is: I've got a brand new computer and a new ESET sub to go with it. ESET seems to be in control of this browser function, but I can't find where I can change it. Can someone tell me where to find this setting?

Also - In addition to the requested ESET version,  could you share your OS version and the browser/browsers you like to use this should allow us help you. 

I am not aware of any ESET default settings that would interfere with the common browsers ability to save logins on windows 10. 

Hi again itman :)

According to the "About" tab, it's Internet Security ver 13.2.15.0. My preferred browser is Firefox, but I checked and Chrome will allow saving passwords, so I think I need to ask the Mozilla folks. Thanks, itman - you got me on the right track again!

Hi flutterby,

Firefox should save your passwords effectively, as well. Under settings check your settings here

image.png.7116c47e1976503f96904a4016833f6c.png

I don't save passwords myself so my "ask to save" is unchecked. Most in the know say to use a master password for extra security, but that would be entirely up to you.

Also remember if you use banking and payment a separate Firefox profile is created, so you would want to set that profile to your liking as well for use in B&P. Tip -- To work that B&P profile, simply launch a blank B&P windows through the desk top shortcut and set it up like you want.

Hope this helps - ebill

Correct, but as you can see, the option to save passwords is now greyed out. I need to get it activated, and ESET is the only unknown aspect of the puzzle. I don't know where else to look to change/access this setting.

FF autosave.png

43 minutes ago, flutterby said:

Correct, but as you can see, the option to save passwords is now greyed out.

If you have configured FireFox for private mode browsing, the above setting is disabled by default. You can still save web site passwords manually by clicking on the key symbol in front of the web sites URL address.

• Most Valued Members

But it is still the same as it used to be before , malware can just scan and pick all passwords that are stored in your browser , it only matters if they are encrypted and there should be a password for the decryption and to look at your password

Password managers programs do that thing.

4 minutes ago, itman said:

If you have configured FireFox for private mode browsing, the above setting is disabled by default. You can still save web site passwords manually by clicking on the key symbol in front of the web sites URL address.

Aha! That was a great idea! Yes, this version of FF is in permanent private browsing mode and I hadn't considered that (I can't even figure out yet how to disable that should I want to). Also, this version has Firefox Lockwise, and when I reviewed my one saved login, I found a clickable box to add a new login. So while the individual websites are no longer asking if I want to save the passwords, I can set them up one by one manually.  Thanks again! Together we are knocking down the little glitches in getting the new computer fine tuned.